Skip to main content

A teacher hit my daughter,what should I do?

Spencer, IN |

My 17 year old daughter has a high school teacher that has smacked her in the back of the head and threw a pen at her not once but twice hitting her in the head. She's an honor student not trouble maker. We've had similar problems in past with the same school. In the outcome nothing gets done about it dealing with the school only. I can't take it no more and wanna try to take it to the next level. Any advice??? Thanks

+ Read More

Filed under: Lawsuits and disputes
Attorney answers 1


You need to document the incident including by having your daughter write a statement that carefully recounts exactly what happened during the incident, where it occurred and at what time. Also the statement should identify any possible witnesses to the incident. You should then arrange a meeting with the school principal as soon as possible. If you are not satisfied with the response you get from the school administrators, you should make a similar request, including documentation concerning the incident to the school district superintendent. You should also take steps to have your daughter transferred to another classroom as soon as possible. Because this can involve a teacher personnel issues, you will need to be very clear about your concerns but make certain you communicate with school district authorities.

You should consult with a personal injury attorney as soon as possible.

This advice is not a substitute for a thorough evaluation of all of the facts of your case by an attorney with a background in education law.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer