Skip to main content

A mother who's not US Citizen gave birth to a baby and wants me to adopt it. Can I legally do so since she is in US.

Covington, LA |

She came illegally into the US and has been here only a few months and gave birth to a baby she cant keep. She wants me to adopt her baby, Can I do so legally sinces she is here in the US.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


Yes, you can legally adopt. I would suggest getting an attorney asap. Note that you can not do anything more for her than pay hospital bills associated with the pregnancy and birth... "buying" children is illegal.

Every legal matter is fact specific, and there are often nuances in every case. This is intended for comment only, and does not create an attorney client relationship.