Skip to main content

A legal claimant service claims they have found bonds in my deceased fathers name, a $700 fee for recovery.... sound legit?

Meadville, PA |

Claimant service says it will pay costs and expenses excluding taxes and fiduciary comissions, to recover. May cancel agreement at any time without penalty or obligation, within 3 days of the date which I execute the agreement.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


Take a look at the State Treasury website first. Often you find items there that have been unclaimed. I recently made a transfer there and it only requires a few papers.


The PA website and links to those of other states, Puerto Rico and Canada may be found at

While a service such as this may be legitimate, the states generally require some affirmative documentation that you are entitled to recover the funds, plus a death certificate and account documentation if you can find it.

The foregoing is not legal advice nor is it in any manner whatsoever meant to create or impute an attorney/client relationship.