Skip to main content

A judgment was ordered against me because my lawyer didn't file the papers on time. What can I do about it?

Pottstown, PA |

My lawyer didn't file the necessary papers on time so a judgment was filed against me. What can I do about this matter? I receive offers from the attorney to lower my amount. Is this legal since a judgment was filed and what can I do about the lawyer who didn't file on time.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


The simple answer is a civil action against the negligent attorney for any damages you have suffered as a result of his/her malpractice. Before you do that, however, you should immediately consult with an attorney in the county where the judgment was entered to examine the possibility of having the judgment vacated and set aside based on the misconduct of your attorney. These kinds of motions are very time-sensitive and require experienced counsel.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer