Skip to main content

A guy going to press charge me because I pushed him. and he threatened to kill me and I have proofs?

Laconia, NH |

a guy was threatening to kill me and was bullying me and cyber bullying me for my racial background. I pushed him one day and he is maybe going to press charge me. REALLY? after him threatening to kill me and I have proofs? what the hell?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 5


What is your legal question for the lawyers? You sound like you're just venting, but we can only help if you pose a legal question.

We do not have an attorney-client relationship. I am not your lawyer. The statements I have made do not constitute legal advice. Any statements I have made are based upon the very limited facts you have presented, and under the premise that you will consult with a local attorney. This is not an attempt to solicit business. This disclaimer is in addition to any disclaimers that this website has made. I am only licensed in California.


Anybody can pursue you for anything. It is a fact of life. More details would need to be shared relative to the situation to properly help you.


If he contacts and makes a report to the police, then they will charge you.


You can't physically push another person as it could be considered a crime. If this person had threatened to kill you and was bullying you your best option would have been to report the incidents to the proper law enforcement agency.

The information contained in any answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject material. No recipients of answers should act or refrain from acting on the basis of any posting without seeking the appropriate legal or other professional advice on the particular facts and circumstances at issue with an attorney licensed in the recipient's state. The content of this Web site and/or any answers provided contains information that may not reflect current legal developments, verdicts or settlements. FAMILYLEGAL, and Attorney Runge, expressly disclaims all liability in respect to actions taken or not taken based on any or all the contents of this site. Any information sent via the Internet, this website, or e-mail is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis. The transmission of information on this website, in part or in whole, and/or communication with FAMILYLEGAL, and/or Attorney Runge, via e-mail through this site does not constitute or create an attorney-client relationship between FAMILYLEGAL and any recipients. The formation of an attorney-client relationship requires a consideration of multiple factors including possible conflicts of interest. Please do not convey to us any information you regard as confidential until a formal attorney-client relationship has been established. The Firm does not necessarily endorse, and is not responsible for, any third-party that may be accessed through this Web site. Permission is given for the downloading and temporary storage of one or more of these pages for the purposes of viewing on a personal computer. The contents of this site are protected by copyright and, apart from the permission stated, the reproduction, permanent storage, or retransmission of the contents of this site is prohibited without the prior written consent of FAMILYLEGAL. ATTORNEY ADVERTISING NOTICE FAMILYLEGAL is a national Law Firm. Jeffrey A. Runge is the President & CEO and is licensed to practice law in the states of New Hampshire and Massachusetts. Prior Results do not guarantee a similar outcome. We are a debt relief agency. We help people file for Bankruptcy relief under the Bankruptcy Code. FAMILYLEGAL is a registered trademark of Family Legal Service, P.C., a New Hampshire professional Corporation.


In NH, individuals cannot simply "press charges" against other individuals - a person can report an alleged criminal offense to the police. The police will investigate the report which includes interviewing the alleged suspect. The police will complete the investigation and if the officer believes that he or she has probable cause that the suspect committed a criminal offense, he or she will seek to obtain an arrest warrant from a Justice of the Peace or Judge.

Your question is not very specific about the NH criminal process but I suggest that you retain an experienced criminal defense attorney to represent you in this matter if the police contact you or arrest you.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer