Skip to main content

A friend left my house and was arrested with possion of meth i am a mention in the olice report but not charged i

Eveleth, MN |

i am now a witness for the state and seeking legal advice on this matter

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


Please state your question or questions.

In this forum you will likely receive general answers and information that will not be specific legal advice that you might receive from an attorney that you retain. I (and many other attorneys) offer a free initial consultation. However, if you want specific legal advice beyond the initial consultation, you will likely have to formally retain an attorney.

The content of this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as a source of solicitation or legal advice. An attorney-client relationship is not formed by viewing this answer or by sending electronic mail to the writer. Further, information contained herein is not to be construed as an invitation for an attorney-client relationship.


You should definitely talk to a lawyer in your area before you testify or talk to the police. A good criminal defense lawyer can advise you on how best to deal with this situation.

This response does not create an attorney client relationship and is offered for informational purposes only. Only a lawyer fully versed on the facts and circumstances of your case can properly advise you on the case. I am licensed to practice in Minnesota, not every state. You should always consult with an attorney licensed in your area on how best to proceed.


You certainly can seek legal advice. Begin by contacting me, or another criminal lawyer, by phone. Witnesses have legal rights. Being a witness can sometimes involve risk of prosecution as well. These can be discussed with a criminal lawyer, based upon the information that you can provide.


Is there a specific question to which you are seeking an answer? As a general matter, being mentioned in a police report does not make you a suspect. However, you may be a witness to either the defense or the state if you have information bear on the circumstances of the arrest or the charges. For example, the defense may wish to speak to you or call you as a witness to testify that the officer did not have grounds to conduct the search or to arrest your friend. I would encourage you to speak to an attorney that focuses his practice on criminal defense.

This information is being provided as a courtesy to assist you in seeking representation. It should not be construed as legal advice or to create the relationship of attorney and client.