Skip to main content

A few months ago my daughter was out for a walk and trip and fell on the sidewalk that was raised and uneven.

Oxnard, CA |

She had a seriously sprained ankle and was on crutches for several days. She reported the issue to the city but as of right now hasn’t put in her claim. Should she be entitled to monies other than the hospital and x-rays charges for her inconvience of not being able to look for work.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4

Best Answer

I am sorry to hear of your daughter's injury. If the city is negligent for failing to maintain the sidewalk, which it seems to be, then your daughter is entitled to more than merely her medical bills.

Because your claim/suit is most likely against the city or county the window for bringing your claim is very short. You should contact a personal injury lawyer that practices in Ventura Co. without delay. Best of Luck.


A good local attorney should be able to get if money for pain and suffering as well.


John K Lassen

John K Lassen


helpful website Philadelphia car accident lawyer


In addition to the what was posted, if your daughter's injury resolved a claim will probably not be warranted. These are difficult cases; against a municipality. Speak with an attorney as a lot of work needs to be done quickly.


My law firm handles slip and fall / trip and fall cases all over the state of California. You can read about these cases at If you want to discuss your case, you may call me for a free consultation at 800-816-1529 x. 1.

No attorney/client relationship is or shall be created by this response on Avvo to non-clients of The Law Offices of Norman Gregory Fernandez.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer