Skip to main content

A family member passed away. he has left money to people and a car to someone.

Boca Raton, FL |

can we sell the car for money . what about the person that was left the car

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


You would need to look at the will and see what powers the PR has. Typically you would need to distribute the car to the person named in the will.

David Goldman
Apple Law Firm PLLC
331 East Monroe Street
Jacksonville, FL 32202

Tel (904) 685-1200 Fax (904) 212-0678


A Personal Representative (executor) should be named in the will. It is that person's duty to administer the estate in compliance with the probate code. If that person is not able or willing to carry out his/her duties as a Personal Representative, another beneficiary of the estate can petition the court to be named the Personal Representative. I am also located in Palm Beach County, FL so should you have further questions or require assistance, please feel free to contact me using the contact information listed in my profile.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer