Skip to main content

A dog bit someone in house he was warned and beware dogs posted he said he was not afraid of dogs

Dallas, TX |

my mother owns a duplex she lives on one side and lets her grandson stay next door where dog bite occurred can they sue my mother or should they be suing her grandson who is the tenant

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


They will probably sue both if anyone. Hopefully there is homeowners insurance, renters insurance, or both. If not, there could be a judgment. So if there is insurance, turn it over to them. If not, then hire a lawyer to defend them and do it sooner rather than later.

This is not legal advice. You should always discuss the specifics of your issue in person with an attorney. Be aware that there are time limits on all claims that depend on the kind of claim, so do not delay in seeking an attorney.


If your mother or her grandson have homeowners' insurance or renters' insurance, turn the case over to them.


Let the homeowner's insurance carrier sort it out.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer