Skip to main content

A criminal complaint has been filed against me charging me with contempt of court - protective order in CA. What will happen?

Los Angeles, CA |

My probation was for 3 years & was terminated after 1 year for perfect compliance. My concern is that he has made a series of unsubstantiated allegations that mirror those that I admitted to when he first made them and there is now a record of it. However, I have not gone near him. But he is claiming otherwise, and is producing photographic evidence. And again, he may even fabricate evidence which could make it look like me knowing full well that if it "looks bad enough", his word is more likely to be believed than mine. Can I be locked up without him having to prove his allegations?And again, these instances of vandalism to his car may be real, but they certainly were not perpetrated by me, regardless of any circumstantial evidence. Or, they may be staged and thus were designed to have me

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


You need representation in this case. You have a right to a hearing and to see all the evidence against you. Don't be bullied by this guy. Get an attorney and fight this.

No legal advice is given here. My responses to questions on Avvo are never intended as legal advice and must NOT be relied upon as if they were legal advice. I give legal advice ONLY in the course of a formal attorney-client relationship. Exchange of information through Avvo's Questions & Answers forum does not establish an attorney-client relationship with me. That relationship is established only by joint execution of a written agreement for legal services. I am only licensed in the States of California and New York and the District of Columbia


I agree with Mr Solis. But I would add this-- focus on what you can DISPROVE. Because if you can affirmatively disprove something he fabricated, he loses credibility.

Answering your questions on this forum does NOT constitute the forming of an attorney/client relationship. The opinions rendered herein are based on general principles of law. Laws vary from jurisdiction to jurisdiction and there are often numerous factors which can render advice or an opinion inapplicable. You should NOT make any decisions about the handling of a legal matter based on any opinion posted on this forum. Rather, you should directly consult with an attorney about the particulars of your case before making ANY decisions.


I agree with my colleagues. It's impossible, based upon what you say, to give you an opinion. It sounds like there's a lot to this situation and the summary you give raises more questions than it answers. Any false accusation should be fought in court. I would strongly recommend you hire an attorney, have him or her look at every aspect of the matter and formulate your best defensive strategies. Do not leave anything to chance.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer