Skip to main content

A Computer Systems Analyst MUST have a computers degree?

New York, NY |

I have been working as a Computer Systems Analyst for a company for over a year . Employer filing H1B this year , I do not have a computer science degree ( have bachelor + masters in healthcare ) but have gained computer knowledge else where and was also trained by employer over the their proprietary software . I have gained all the required computer skills for the job and this will be portrayed by my employer in the H1B petition . USCIS OOH states that " computer degree is not mandatory for a CSA but must have gained the experience else where . " My question here is - does my 1 . 5 year experience with employer and software skill certifications bridge the gap of not having a computer science degree .

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3

Best Answer

Without seeing documentation of your experience, it is difficult to say exactly what will happen in your case, but in general, what you are asking is possible.

Please be advised that my response above is NOT legal advice and does NOT create an attorney-client relationship between you any myself. You should NOT take action based solely upon this response. I have not conducted the complete inquiry into all the facts of your case which I would undertake if you had retained me to act as your attorney. Additional facts which we would discuss if you hired me to represent you may very well change the response I have provided above. I strongly recommend you talk to an attorney who is experienced in immigration law in order to receive advice specific to your case. All of the responses which I post on are intended as general information for the education of the public, and should be considered to be a form of advertisement.


I agree with my colleague. Hard to say on a dry post on AVVO.; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.For legal advice please contact us directly through one of the above.


Rule of thumb is that the longer the question, the more difficult it is to be answered without a consultation. I suggest that you consult an immigration lawyer. Many of us offer free consultations. Find an attorney who you like and trust.

Dean P. Murray
The Murray Law Firm
560 Sylvan Avenue
Englewood Cliffs, NJ 07632
T: (201)875-2600
F: (201)549-8700

Mr. Murray's response is NOT legal advice and does NOT create an attorney-client relationship. You should NOT rely on this response. Mr. Murray's response was generated without conducting a full inquiry as would occur during a face to face attorney-client consultation. It is likely that the response above may be made less accurate, or become entirely inaccurate, as you, i.e. the questioner, disclose additional facts that should only be discussed during a private consultation with an attorney. I strongly recommend that you consult an attorney who is licensed to practice law in your state (or, in the case of immigration law, and attorney in ANY state), whereupon all relevant facts will be discussed. All responses posted by Mr. Murray on are intended as general information for the education of the public, and not for any specific individual.



Let me make it a short question sir. " DO Computer Systems Analyst MUST have a computers degree?"

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer