Skip to main content

A city employee struck my car(his fault)the city wants to only offer some of repair, what can I do? its less then the 2 estimate

Toledo, OH |

The city has strung this out for 3 months. This is an 1988 Toyota but they repair is 1000.00 but we just bought the car. The city is offering only 700.00 should I take them to small claims court?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


If you were not at fault in the accident you should be able to recover for your personal and property damages. The at fault party should be liable for the cost of the repairs and you may also be able to recover for rental car fees or loss of use of the vehicle during the time the vehicle was being repaired. You may also be able to recover for the diminution in value of the vehicle because many times the value of the vehicle is reduced just because of the fact that it was in a crash and was repaired. Recovery for those other damages aside from the direct repair costs depend on the laws of the state that you are in. If you are hurt you will need to contact a lawyer who specializes in personal injury law to help you recover for your damages. You should contact a lawyer in your area from AVVO to help you. You should contact lawyers that offer a free consultation. .
Mr. Normand is licensed to practice law in Florida. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and timelines that, if known, could significantly change the reply and make it unsuitable. Mr. Normand strongly advises the questioner to confer with an attorney in your state in order to insure proper advice is received. It is strongly recommended that you consult with a Board Certified Civil Trial Lawyer. Florida Bar Board Certification is a mark of specialization and ethics that must be earned. Although any lawyer can claim to be an expert in any field of law, only a small percentage of lawyers are Board Certified as specialists. It usually cost no more to hire a Board Certified Civil Trial Lawyer so protect yourself and hire a State Bar Board Certified Lawyer.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer