Skip to main content

90 days from Submitting RFE after AOS interview

Houston, TX |

I received RFE on jan,15th 2013 and i responded it on Feb 1st. I heard nothing after 60 days from submitting RFE . I called the my local immigration office and raised SR and they told me to wait another 30 days, and until this moment i heard nothing from them and my online status hasn't changed from RFE to RFE response. what i'm supposed to do ?

they sent RFE regarding to proof of relationship "wife". they wanted bills with our names , auto insurance, medical insurance, joint Tax. and we responded all of that.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


It is difficult to tell you what to do without knowing why you received an RFE and how you responded to it. You can hire an attorney to assist you. You can continue making inquiries. You can contact the DHS/USCIS Ombudsmen. And in some scenarios you can sue USCIS if they refuse to make a timely decision.


Schedule an infopass and ask them directly. Better than posting on AVVO. At least it might bring some practical results.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.


Option 1: continue to wait.
Option 2: do an InfoPass.
Option 3: hire an experienced immigration attorney.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer