Skip to main content

9 FAM 42.22 N1.11 Religious Missionaries Abroad

Long Beach, CA |


I' m green card holder and my Church is asking me to connect with another US church to possibly do work together.
I might need to be there longer then a year , they want me to go end of this months.
What do I need to do with uscis to prove my missionary work for my Church and not loose my green card.


+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


Your church needs to hire an immigration attorney to make sure you will not lose your LPR status in the process of staying there.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.


You may be eligible for an I-131 - Re-entry Permit. Speak to an attorney.

Legal disclaimer: For specific advice on your case, Mr. Minawi can be reached at 1-866-929-0991 ext. 206 or by answer does not establish an attorney client relationship.


I agree with my colleagues. You might be eligible.


I suggest one thing:
1. Meet with a qualified immigration attorney to review your LPR retention with obtained I-131 Re Entry Permit for you, if plan to be abroad for up to two years.

DISCLAIMER The answer given above by the lawyer serves for educational purposes only and provides general information and a basic understanding of the applicable law. Take notice that the answer above does not create an attorney-client relationship as this website is not intended to provide anyone a specific legal advice. Anyone using the site expressly consents that there is no attorney client privilege between any person and any attorney responding. Further take notice that the site should not be used as a crude substitute for any professional and competent legal advice by a licensed professional attorney in the applicable jurisdiction. The attorney above attempted to provide competent professional opinion, however, the law and its applications may change frequently and vary greatly from other U.S. jurisdictions and locales. Therefore, any information and opinions stated above are general in nature, and may not apply to specific factual or legal circumstances related to one's current legal issues. Contact an experienced lawyer admitted to practice in your State under an attorney-client privilege to further receive a comprehensive legal before making an educated decision about your particular legal issue. If you have further inquiries you may contact: Attorney Alexander Ivakhnenko 1021 West Adams, 102, Chicago, Illinois 60607 773-562-8602