Skip to main content

5 years and still not divorced

Newport, PA |

we had a divorce agreement with signatures notarized in 2008. it went in front of a judge and was signed off on. she took it to another judge within 90 days and he reversed the other judges ruling! she is dragging her feet 5 years later, using my health insurance and won't come to any agreement. i want the divorce to move on with my life. my lawyer can't seem to get things moving. what do i need to do to finalize this divorce. i want a divorce and then do the settlement of property later? whatever it takes.


+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


Since you are a represented party, other lawyers are restricted from communicating with you under the ethics rules.

Good luck,
PS: Please mark this as a best answer if it is most helpful to you.

The Law Office of Christopher Barrett Fay, 1325 Spruce St., Philadelphia, PA 19107,, (267) 519-2719, LEGAL DISCLAIMER: The law changes frequently, and the material on this website is for general information purposes only and neither constitutes nor is intended to be legal advice. You should not act based upon this general information nor without seeking legal counsel regarding your specific legal matter. The outcome of every case is dependent on the specific facts and legal circumstances of each individual case. Any client reviews or attorney endorsements posted on this website are solely the opinion of that person and should not be construed as representative of the results you might expect to receive in your specific legal matter. No one can offer a review or endorsement concerning the type or quality of legal work they received in relation to the type or quality of legal work that might be done for you if you become a client of this office. This website is not advertising. This website is not an offer to represent you, which can only be made after a consultation with one of our attorneys. This website and its feature to contact us do not create an attorney-client relationship between you and The Law Office of Christopher Barrett Fay or any of its attorneys. The Law Office of Christopher Barrett Fay practices law only in the states of Pennsylvania and New Jersey. The Law Office of Christopher Barrett Fay does not intend to practice in any other jurisdictions where it is not licensed. The firm does not seek to represent anyone viewing this website in other jurisdictions, and the website may not comply with the laws and ethical rules of states other than Pennsylvania and New Jersey. Pursuant to the requirements of U.S. Treasury Regulation Circular 230, any tax advice contained in this communication (including any attachments) is not intended to be used, and cannot be used to avoid penalties imposed under the United States Internal Revenue Code or to promote, market or recommend to another person any tax-related matter.


It is hard to give specific information as your question does not contain all of the details a lawyer would need to know. However, I can tell you that you do not have to reach an agreement in order to resolve your divorce. Your economic claims can be taken to a hearing in front of a judge for final resolution if you are unable to come to an agreement. It is very rare for Pennsylvania to permit a divorce without the economic claims being resolved. Ask for a meeting with your lawyer. Get specific information on why your case has not moved forward and work out a plan with specific steps as to how it can be brought to resolution. If you still have doubts, take advantage of a few free consults to see if someone else can offer you a better plan.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer