Skip to main content

460(A)>2012 BURGLARY>1ST DEGREE (NEW EFF. 4/12)

Bakersfield, CA |

I don't understand all of this. It started out as 460 (A) Then the rest was added the morning of arraignment.

the charge was 460 (A)) which I'm aware is Burglary 1st degree. Then the code changed when I went to arraignment to: Additionally reflect, 460(A) > 2012 BURGLARY>1ST DEGREE (NEW EFF. 4/12) so I don't understand what the greater than > 2012 means or the New EFF 4/12

+ Read More

Attorney answers 5


I do not understand your question.


You are seemingly dealing with current state felony charges that may place you behind the bars. Do not speculate online, retain a local counsel to fight for your freedom.

DISCLAIMER The answer given above by the lawyer serves for educational purposes only and provides general information and a basic understanding of the applicable law. Take notice that the answer above does not create an attorney-client relationship as this website is not intended to provide anyone a specific legal advice. Anyone using the site expressly consents that there is no attorney client privilege between any person and any attorney responding. Further take notice that the site should not be used as a crude substitute for any professional and competent legal advice by a licensed professional attorney in the applicable jurisdiction. The attorney above attempted to provide competent professional opinion, however, the law and its applications may change frequently and vary greatly from other U.S. jurisdictions and locales. Therefore, any information and opinions stated above are general in nature, and may not apply to specific factual or legal circumstances related to one's current legal issues. Contact an experienced lawyer admitted to practice in your State under an attorney-client privilege to further receive a comprehensive legal before making an educated decision about your particular legal issue. Respectfully, Attorney Alexander Ivakhnenko, Chicago, Illinois 773-562-8602


Get a copy of the court docket and bring it to an attorney. Many reputable attorneys offer a free consultation so they should be able to explain to you at no charge. BTW -- burglary in the first degree is a charge that will haunt you the rest of your life because it's a strike. Good luck.

The response above is not intended as legal advice since it’s impracticable to provide thorough, accurate advice based upon the query without additional details. It is highly recommended that one should seek advice from a criminal defense attorney licensed in your jurisdiction by setting up a confidential meeting. Moreover, this response does not constitute the creation of an attorney-client relationship since this message is not a confidential communication because it was posted on a public website, thereby publicly disclosing the information, which is another reason to setup a confidential meeting with an attorney.

Alexander M. Ivakhnenko

Alexander M. Ivakhnenko


A good suggestion.


First defree burglary is a serious charge. You need agressive representation. Take advantage of a free consultation and fight to protect your rights.


You are being charged with a residential burglary which is both a felony and a strike. You should make sure that you are represented by counsel. A strike conviction stays with you your entire life.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer