2nd extension for my dui classes and unfinished fine,

Santa Clarita, CA |

I have failed to finish some of my classes i only need 4 more left and have to pay a 400 dollar fine, I was put in calandar already to see the judge. I have dropped out of my DUI classes and this is my second time. I already finished my community service and couldnt pay the fine cause i am currently out of work right now and had to drop my classes to my dad being sick, he is blind partialzy paralized and diabeteic, i also go to dialisis with him due to his condition and have no time to finish anything, i always have to be with him incase he gets another stroke and have to be there for him. I do not have a bench warrant or anything like that but this is my second time to see the judge to get an extension. my mom works for 8 to 9 pm and im scared i will go to jail.

Best Answer

Explain your situation to the judge. If there are any medical records you can provide the judge (if the Judge will look at them) it may help. You will need to get DUI school reinstated and completed, or the court will likely revoke your probation. Sorry to hear that you are going through some difficult times. Keep your head up and things will get better.

Legal disclaimer: This message does not constitute legal advice and is for informational purposes only. This message does not establish an attorney-client relationship, which can only be established once a retainer agreement has been fully executed between you and this firm.

thank you i saw the judge the other day and she didnt ask me any questions, she just asked me if 4 month's was ok to finish my classes and pay it off. it was more time then i needed

It sounds like you have a lot on your plate, and I know that this matter probably seems trivial at this point. However, failing to finalize this will cause you troubles you don't want.

Talk to the judge, explain your situation, and it's likely he gives you a fairly reasonable plan.

thank you

Joshua Paul Shelton

Joshua Paul Shelton

My pleasure. If you found my answer helpful, please "mark as helpful" by clicking the box. Thank you.

One more thing. Do u know the maximum jail time for this type of situation? and i marked it as helpful = ]

Joshua Paul Shelton

Joshua Paul Shelton

There shouldn't be any jail time if you go in and speak with the judge. There is no way to get around finalizing the situation, but the judge has the ability to mold something around your resources as long as your willing to make it work.

thank you very much but this helped alot. but if it doesnt work out then what is the possible jail time i will be in there for?

Explain the situation to the judge and hope.

Mr. Driessen is a former Deputy DA in Orange County with over 8 years of criminal law experience. Nothing stated on this site shall in anyway be construed as legal advice, or as creating any attorney client relationship. If you would like to hire Mr. Driessen, feel free to contact him at www.theocduiguy.com.

thank you, and if i do go to jail, what is the maximum days? i go to jail