Skip to main content

2 bad checks on probation. ticket for suspended license. will i go to jail? .

Gainesville, FL |

i didn't know my license was suspended. i thought i had an extension. i haven't even met with my probation officer yet on the bad checks. i don't want to go to jail. is there anything i can do

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


As you know your probation could be violated if you pick up new charges especially if convicted, or if you otherwise violate any other conditions. You need to consult the lawyer you had or another one in your area that handles criminal matters.

Any response given is not to be taken as legal advice or to create an attorney client relationship.


It's possible, but unlikely. I'm assuming that you were on misdemeanor probation through Court Services in Alachua County for worthless checks. And then you were pulled over for another misdemeanor of driving on suspended license. The new charge will almost definately violate your probation. If you can reinstate your license, doing so ASAP will help with the new case.
What you can do is to hire an attorney to help fight these charges and/or negotiate a resolution that involves you staying out of jail.
Many attorneys, including myself, offer free consultations where we sit down and talk about your options. Good luck.

Thomas Almquist
The Law Office of Thomas Almquist
(352) 278-0230
901 NW 8th Ave
Suite C-7
Gainesville, FL 32601


Not knowing your license suspended, might be a defense to a criminal charge of Driving with a suspended license but you need to consult with an attorney and explain all the facts to know for sure. If you are on probation and something has happened that you think will cause your probation to be violated, then you definitely need to consult a criminal defense attorney to help you negotiate a deal with the prosecutor or argue your case to the judge.

I am licensed to practice law in the State of Florida only. My answers on are intended only to provide the most basic answers possible to questions posed and are not intended to provide legal advice in any way. Never depend solely on my answers or only on information provided on Proper legal advice can only be given through in depth consultation with a licensed attorney. When seeking legal advice, always seek advice from an attorney licensed to practice law in your state. Every case is different and my answers here are not intended to serve as legal advice. By answering your question, I hope to provide you, the questioner, with a starting point for examining your legal issue. WARNING: Questions and answers posted on are viewable to the public and NOT protected by attorney client privilege.