Skip to main content

19 year old was charged with DWI. No prior convictions. need legal advice.

Bossier City, LA |

Officers had report of burglary in area. Our 19 year old crossed over the railroad tracks too fast, so they pulled him over as a suspect. They smelled alcohol present. He was sent to sub station for a breath test where he failed, not sure by how much. Officers told us he was borderline at the initial call. He was booked in jail after failing breath test.
He has no prior convictions.
please send legal advice.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


Best possible legal advice - hire a criminal attorney ASAP

DISCLAIMER The answer provided above serves for educational purposes only and provides general information and a basic understanding of the applicable law. Take notice that the answer above does not create an attorney-client relationship as this website is not intended to provide anyone a specific legal advice. Anyone using the site expressly consents that there is no attorney client privilege between any person and any attorney responding. Further take notice that the site should not be used as a substitute for any professional and competent legal advice by a licensed professional attorney in the applicable jurisdiction. The attorney above attempted to provide competent professional information, however, the law and its applications may change frequently and vary greatly from other U.S. jurisdictions and locales. Therefore, any information and materials provided above are general in nature, and may not apply to specific factual and legal circumstances related to one's personal legal issues. Contact an experienced lawyer admitted to practice in your State under an attorney-client privilege to further receive a competent legal advice before making any important decisions about your particular legal issue.


Attorney Walker is 100% correct! In a forum such as this we can give some general advice, but we would need all the facts to give you complete advice as to how you should proceed. At 19 years of age, your son has his whole life in front of him. It is worth the money to sit down with an experienced DUI defense attorney who can protect his rights.


Hands down, hire a criminal defense attorney. I know the cost can be high and daunting, but it is his future and there really isn't a dollar value you can ascribe to that.

No attorney client relationship is created by virtue of this answer. Further, answers are for information only and should not be relied upon unless there has been a formal consultation. Many cases are fact specific and there is simply no way an attorney could possibly provide complete advice without all the relevant facts.


You should hire an attorney with particular expertise in the area of OWIs/DUIs immediately. Your son only has 15 days to challenge the suspension of his license, therefore time is of the essence.

This post does not constitute legal advice and shall not be construed to create an attorney-client relationship. Every case has a unique set of facts requiring individualized attention.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer