16 month prison sentence to be served at county level under AB 109. Percentage of time he will serve in LA County Jail?

Covina, CA |

His charges are simple possession for personal use. It's been a rough year and at the time he was getting in trouble and given prop 36, he just could not get his head together and get himself enrolled in a program. On 10/5 he was sentenced to 16 months to be served at county level under AB 109. I know they started giving day for day credit which he received, but are they eligible for early release like the other county inmates? I know people sentenced to county can do only 15-25% of their time, but their crimes seem so much more severe in nature (Felony DUI with hit and run, weapons charge with gang enhancement, etc). I agree some jail time was necessary to "clean him up", I just wish the judge would have taken advantage of the new split sentencing and given him time in rehab as well.

He will do all his time in county jail at 50% credits which means he'll serve a maximum of 8 months. Earlier release is dependent on the sheriff's decision due to overcrowding. He may get that but it is impossible to predict how much of his sentence the sheriff will make him serve in jail.

Its pretty unlikely he will do 50 percent in LA County....

why do you say that

Brian Russell Michaels

Brian Russell Michaels

See Mr. Kaman's answer. Same response