Skip to main content

14 year old female facing fifth degree assault and attempt at bodily harm ?

Forest Lake, MN |

I have a court date set and am being charged with fifth degree assault and attempt at bodily harm. I "assaulted" a boy,who was my ex of a year, who already didn't like me because I wouldn't date him,and so when he started harassing me I was getting fed up.after nine months of the non stop harassment despite what I said, I used physical contact.I'm only 5'0" and 110 pounds and he's 5'6" and about 140.There's a security camera video,and it shows my actions and him also pushing me.I did start it. This was in December&it's now February and his harassment and his friends still hasn't stopped.I have no proof of his harassment except witness statements.The only things I have are a slight statement and very very poor pictures of "damage" I caused.Is it being changed to disorderly conduct possible?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


You need a local attorney to review the evidence and give you that answer.

There is no confidentiality online. Volunteering to answer this question does not create an attorney-client relationship. The accused is presumed innocent until proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. The likelihood of a positive outcome- exoneration or a mitigated sentence- is increased with the help of an experienced criminal litigator. Seek out an experienced criminal litigator for a free consultation. If you cannot find one on Avvo, search at the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers ( Speak to several attorneys and hire the one that makes you feel confident and comfortable. NACDL local members:

Educational purposes answer. | | | | | Non-privileged answer.


You need an attorney that understands juvenile delinquency procedure and the possible outcomes. I spent two years doing exclusively juvenile delinquency defense cases. I can tell you that judges tend not to look kindly on bullies, and especially in assault cases where the alleged victim is male and the juvenile is female. I'm willing to offer you a free consultation in this matter. You can email me at, or call at 651-300-2529. I'll be in my office all of Friday afternoon in Lakeville.


Sure it's possible - but it helps to have a defense attorney who can provide the prosecutor with a reason to do so. Perhaps the most important thing to realize is that a criminal record can be very damaging over time, including financially. While a juvenile under 16 charged with a misdemeanor will have fewer issues realted to a record, it is a problem best avoided. Fighting is not a good way to resolve problems. Learning to fight well in a martial arts training program can help a person gain confidence, and feel confident enough to avoid fighting. The facts of what happened are best reviewed in their entirety, with your lawyer. You can retain a private defnese lawyer, or apply for public defender representation.


First, I would advise that you no longer write specific facts about your case online. These posts are not protected and there is always a possibility they could be used against you later. As far as your question about a possible disorderly conduct....yes, it is possible but depends on several variables. An attorney would not be able to fully advise you of your chances without first thoroughly reviewing all the evidence involved in this case.

I hope you find this information helpful and feel free to contact me if you have any further questions. I wish you the best of luck.