Skip to main content

13 different addresses since initial entry

North Miami, FL |

Im filling out my applications for deferred action and im having trouble with this question. Ive been here since I was 4 and currently 21. As you can tell my family and I moved a whole lot. Can this be an issue?

+ Read More

Filed under: Immigration
Attorney answers 2


I would try to remember the addresses to the best of your recollection. If you don't know the specific addresses, put the street name or the city where you lived. You will likely not be penalized for not knowing the addresses where you lived when you were very young. However, keep in mind that you will need to prove that you were present in the US for a number of years. An experienced immigration attorney can help you gather this information for your DACA application. - Disclaimer: This a general answer to your legal question. Unless you have a signed engagement letter with me, you should not consider this information to be legal advice.


Agree with Ms. Gasson's answer and just to adding to it. If you are uncertain of any dates do not guess, simply provide as much information as you are certain of (so, Month and Year or just the year if that is all you are certain of) and put question marks in the spaces for uncertain dates/portions of dates. When it comes to gathering evidence, get as creative as possible and look for any objective evidence (so, not statements from people/not things that must be taken on a person's word). If you have trouble with any of it or have hesitations about any of it, strongly encourage you to seek assistance from an immigration attorney. If money is an issue, you may qualify for free help from a local area legal aid or similar organization providing free/low fee immigration services.