Skip to main content

10 year bar can apply , INS never caught me or never had deportion . i left country with my own choice .

Richland, WA |

i have left usa , with out deportion or never cought by ins , i just left country , i still have 10 year bar , can i apply from my country and apply again . i never had any problem with law .

+ Read More

Attorney answers 6


You need to give more specific information: What do you want to apply for? Would someone be petitioning for you? How long have you been out of the US? Do you have any family here?

Samuel Ouya Maina, Esq. 415.391.6612 Law Offices of S. Ouya Maina, PC 332 Pine Street, Suite 707 San Francisco, CA 94104


The answer to your question depends on when you left and what you are apply for.You have an attorney. He/she knows the facts of your case. We do not. You need to ask your questions from your attorney.

You are essentially asking us to second guess your attorney without having all the facts. No competent attorney is going to do that.

You certainly are entitled to a second opinion. However, rendering a second opinion requires an analysis of all the facts, including any filings by your present attorney. That is not something that can be done for free through Avvo. You would need to retain an attorney for the purpose of giving you that second opinion.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.


I agree with my colleagues. Consult an immigration lawyer. Good luck.

Dean P. Murray
The Murray Law Firm
560 Sylvan Avenue
Englewood Cliffs, NJ 07632
T: (201)875-2600
F: (201)549-8700

Mr. Murray's response is NOT legal advice and does NOT create an attorney-client relationship. You should NOT rely on this response. Mr. Murray's response was generated without conducting a full inquiry as would occur during a face to face attorney-client consultation. It is likely that the response above may be made less accurate, or become entirely inaccurate, as you, i.e. the questioner, disclose additional facts that should only be discussed during a private consultation with an attorney. I strongly recommend that you consult an attorney who is licensed to practice law in your state (or, in the case of immigration law, and attorney in ANY state), whereupon all relevant facts will be discussed. All responses posted by Mr. Murray on are intended as general information for the education of the public, and not for any specific individual.


You need to engage an attorney to conduct a detailed review of the facts.

If you already have an attorney they will know better than us as we have not worked on your case.


It all depends. Looks like in any event, you will need an extreme hardship waiver..

Att. number 917-885-2261 This advice does not create an attorney client relationship. No specific legal advice may be offered by the lawyer until a conflicts check is undertaken. Information sent through a web form or via email may not be treated as confidential. Please accept my apologies for spelling mistakes. Law Office of Alena Shautsova , New York Immigration Attorney Blog:


Depending on how long you were in the U.S. before you left you would be subject to the bar. The question of whether you can apply to return from abroad is yes--provided, of course, that you qualify to apply for some way to return (such as a U.S. citizen spouse petitioning for you), and also provided that you qualify for a waiver of the bar (s) that may apply to you. Sorry, need more specific information. One thing, though, if you come back illegally after now being subject to the bar, then there isn't even a waiver, so do check this out in more detail. Some attorneys, I for one, will do a telephone consultation with you given your distance.

This reply is intended only as general information and does not constitute legal advice in any particular case. This reply does not create an attorney/client relationship.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer