Skip to main content

1 year ago my boyfriend asked me to quit my job and move to Texas to take care of him and his daughter.

Houston, TX |

His daughter is now back with her mom so 1 year after i quit my job and move to Texas he is now telling me that he feels like being by himself. Is there some grounds that I can sue him on?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


None that I can think of. I assume that you did not have a common law marriage.

But he can't make you move out of the home that you are currently living in - only a judge can evict you. So if you have no where to go he will need to go to court and have a judge evict you.

If you are uncertain call your local policing agencies - police, sheriff or constable and ask them for their policy regarding this matter. If your driver's license has his address then it's your home. If you have any proof that you live there, then it's your current residence and they should not remove you without a judge's order.

Attorney Brochstein is donating her time and talent by answering questions to help those in need of legal information. If you found this answer "helpful" or "best answer", please select the button to show your appreciation. Please understand that this is not a consultation and in no way creates an attorney-client relationship. You are strongly encouraged to consult with an attorney in your county in person about your specific problem.


He has to evict you but otherwise these are the risks we take when in love.


I agree with the other attorneys. Aside from waiting to e evicted, I'm sorry, but there are no laws protecting you from your own choices for love.

This answer is general information which does not establish any attorney-client relationship between the person asking a question and the person answering, or a duty to respond to ongoing questions; nor is it intended to replace competent legal assistance in the jurisdiction where the matter/issue arises or is before a Court.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer