Skip to main content

"I had a lawer that was helping with getting a deed put into my name of a house that was passed down to me..She fired me

Mount Vernon, NY |

"I had a lawer that was helping with getting a deed put into my name of a house that was passed down to me..She fired me as a client because she said that I would not get Home owners insurance..I did comply..she would not talk on the phone to me without sho..."

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


Your question is not complete. Getting a deed changed on a piece of property you inherited is usually not a big deal. Almost any general practice lawyer can do it. I have no idea what homeowner's insurance has to do with it, although obviously you should insure your property. Just hire another lawyer.

Any opinions stated in response to Avvo questions are based upon the facts stated in the question. Responses to Avvo questions are for general information purposes only, and should not be construed or relied upon as legal advice.


I agree with Mr. Brophy: Just hire another attorney. Are you sure that it was homeowner's insurance you were being advised to purchase and not "title insurance"? It would make more sense to me if your former attorney wanted you to obtain title insurance, so that you could be sure there were no problems with the title to the property. He or she could have been concerned that if you didn't have title work done and then discovered later that there was a problem with the title, you might blame your lawyer for not discovering the problem when the deed was done. You should be sure to talk to your next attorney about the issue of title work.
DISCLAIMER: The foregoing is not intended to constitute legal advice, or to create an attorney-client relationship between us (See paragraph 8 of Avvo Terms and Conditions of Use). It is offered, instead, as general legal information relevant to the issue(s) raised in your question. Legal information is not the same as legal advice (i.e., the application of law to an individual's specific circumstances). If you desire to obtain legal advice, you should retain the services of an attorney to represent you. If you choose to act upon the information provided above without first retaining an attorney, you do so at your own risk.


Did you pay anything to the attorney yet?
As my 2 colleges above me mentioned, you can hire a new attorney.
Good luck

This is not legal advice. If order to give you legal advice i would need to see the Tickets and talk to the court first. Good luck:)

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer