Skip to main content

"Extreme hardship" i601 unlawful presence waiver?

Houston, TX |

So our lawyer told us to be ready to prove extreme hardship for our family would our situation be approved? we live in Texas. My huband works at a construction company. I do not work. We have a 5 month old baby & no other family in this state. If my husband has to leave the country I cannot afford to pay everything we are paying right now because I don't think it's easy to find a job that pays $1100 per week. I have no family or friends here that would take care of my baby.Daycare would be another expense. My mom and dad live in Colorado we don't get along. they are part of the reason why I left because they are always fighting with each other or me. I tried to commit suicide because of them twice when living with them. I can't live in mex my family has death threats from a cartel & no home

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


And your question is?

Your lawyer is probably right. Talk to her.


I am not sure what the question is but if your lawyer told you to prepare to prove extreme hardship I would follow her advice.

Samuel Ouya Maina, Esq. 415.391.6612 Law Offices of S. Ouya Maina, PC 332 Pine Street, Suite 707 San Francisco, CA 94104


1) To get an answer to a question, you must first ask the question. Your posting does not contain a question.
2) Any questions regarding your case should be directed to your lawyer. He/she knows the facts of the case. We do not.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.



The question is at the beginning. Would our situation be considered enough "hardship" if my husband has to leave the country. And I just want another opinion. Isn't what this site is for?