Skip to main content

"Do I need an attorney to apply for NIW Green card by J-1 visa ?"

Boca Raton, FL |

I have been at FAU more than 2 years with J-1 visa. Now I want to apply for NIW Green card, but I only have 6 paper with less than 10 citations. I also have 7 poser presentation in International meetings. Ad hoc reviewer of 3 paper in 3 journal and won 2 travel awards. I am not sure that still I have eligibility to apply for NIW. Is there anybody here to help me? Thanks

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


When you need with immigration issues you would always want to have an attorney.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.


No competent immigration lawyer = denial. It's that simple.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.


For sure have an attorney, it is worth it.

Att. number 917-885-2261 This advice does not create an attorney client relationship. No specific legal advice may be offered by the lawyer until a conflicts check is undertaken. Information sent through a web form or via email may not be treated as confidential. Please accept my apologies for spelling mistakes. Law Office of Alena Shautsova , New York Immigration Attorney Blog:


You should consult with an attorney who has experience preparing NIW applications.

This answer is of a general nature and should not be relied upon as final, nor is it intended as legal advice. Consult with a qualified attorney before making any legal decisions. Gen Kimura, (832) 247-6932.