- I practice in bankruptcy, unfair collection practices, debt defense, student loan, and wrongful repossessions and foreclosures.
- I'm a founding member of the Bankruptcy Law Network (www.bankruptcylawnetwork.com) and a regular contributor to the National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys and the Bankruptcy Roundtable listservs, two specialized bankruptcy forums on the Internet.
- I've mentored bankruptcy practitioners throughout the Commonwealth and an original member of the local bankruptcy court rules committee.
- I'm recognized by my peers as an expert in consumer bankruptcy issues.
- My clients rate me "excellent" in client surveys.
- Among my successes are:
- Stopping foreclosure deficiency notices after a bankruptcy is filed. Silva v. Harmon, D MA 2003 (CA 01-30140-MAP).
- Punishing an out-of-state law firm controlling in-state bankruptcy litigation. BNA v. Steele, Bankr D MA 2003 (02-4137).
- Allowing conversion from Chapter 7 to Chapter 13 without having to immediately pay a Chapter 7 trustee's fees.
- Permitting a Chapter 13 plan to be more affordable by forcing the use "liquidation" value for keeping unprotected assets, less the estimated fees of a hypothetical Chapter 7 trustee.
- Obtained immediate Chapter 13 protection from creditor harassment without having to pay attorney fees first.
- I am at the cutting edge in the region for mortgage defense litigation. My greatest pride is in avoiding needless, costly litigation and risks for my clients by successful pre-filing planning and by well-grounded attacks on unlawful creditor practices.
Hourly ($140-315/hour), Fixed (sometimes), Retainer (sometimes), Free consultation (30 minutes)
Are you an attorney? Endorse this lawyer
Jed's knowledge of bankruptcy law is impressive -- and I have been privileged to have received his help in the past on bankruptcy matters for my own clients. I endorse Jed because he is friendly, hard working, smart, and personable. I would refer my friends or family to Jed.
Craig Andresen Bankruptcy and debt Attorney
Relationship: Fellow lawyer in community
|Award name||Grantor||Date granted|
|Certificate of Appreciation||Massachusetts Bar Association||1987|
|Owner||Berliner Law Firm||1989 - Present|
|Head of Trial Practice Division||Kamberg, Berman||1985 - 1988|
|Associate Attorney||Silverman and Kudisch||1982 - 1984|
|Staff Attorney||Upper Peninsula Legal Services||1977 - 1982|
|Association name||Position name||Duration|
|Bankruptcy Law Network||Founding Member||2007 - Present|
|National Association of Consumer Advocates||Member||2006 - Present|
|National Association of Chapter 13 Trustees||Associate Member||2006 - Present|
|National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys||Member||1996 - Present|
|American Bankruptcy Institute||Member||1982 - Present|
|Hampden County Bar Association, Bankruptcy Bench-Bar Committee||Chair||2001 - 2002|
|In re Puffer (Puffer #2)||Bankruptcy court reversed; lawyer should have his fee.|
|In re Puffer (Puffer # 1)||Circuit level appeal successful; No outright prohibition of fee-only Chapter 13 filings where debtor does not have all Chapter 7 fees upfront before filing.|
|Giza v. Deutsche Bank, et al||Ch 13 debtor may have mortgage removed if insufficient notices given, lender's motion to Dismiss DENIED.|
|See all legal cases|
|Mortgage Law Network||ongoing blogs on foreclosure defense issues||2007|
|Bankruptcy Law Network||ongoing blogs on consumer bankruptcy issues||2007|
|Letters For Bankruptcy Lawyers: Essential Communications||contributor||2005|
|Clearinghouse Law Review||Supplementary Security Income, A Practical Overview||1980|
|Bankruptcy Boot Camp||Bankruptcy Litigation||Certificate||2012|
|Fair Debt Collection Practices Boot Camp||Suing Debt Collectors and Creditors||Completed||2012|
|University of Kansas School of Law||Law||Juris Doctor||1977|
|Cornell University||Social Psychology||A.B.||1972|
|Webinar||Attorney Fees in Chapter 7 & Chapter 13||2013|
|Members-Only Workshop||Attorney Fees in Chapter 7 & Chapter 13||2013|
|Members-Only Workshop||Due Diligence Information Searches||2013|
|Spring State Chapter Meeting||Trustee Meetings and Unsettled Issues of the New Law||2010|
|Fall State Chapter Meeting||Means Test Concerns||2010|
|Fall 2010 Meeting||Case Law Updates||2010|
|Annual Conference||Consumer Bankruptcy Law Office Management||2004|
|New Local Rules of the federal District Court||Subset: The First Ten Rules||1987|
|Organizational Conference||Overview of Supplemental Security Income||1980|