Powered by Avvo.com

What actions can I take to protect my child?: We both have legal custody but physical custody to me. Father moved out of state and was difficult in child support issues. After each child support hearing we had, he had always sent threatening e-mail and texts. We do not talk over the phone for this reason. I tried to work out visitation of the children with the holidays but he wants me to pay for flight to Virginia and kept on asking me to stop child support ($356/ month/2 children). Recently convinced son to live with him and even e-mailed custody paper work to give to me. I'm providing phone, internet to skype and privacy to them to talk with their father, but weekly, there has been friction between me and my son. He does not direct anything to me or the court and I find this very disturbing for our children.

Asked over 2 years ago in Child Custody

Isileli’s answer: Not sure what the question is exactly. If you have an issue and are not being petty then if you cannot work it out should seek appropriate court orders.

Answered over 2 years ago.

Do I need to go thru the Courts to evict?: I have been renting out a room in a house I rent.I charge by the week.Most weeks I see slim to none of agreed rent.This has been going on for 7 months.All my utilities are being cut due to this.The original agreement was short term for 1 1/2 months max.For 1 person.I have 4 here. We are older and living on SSA.What is my fastest recourse?

Asked over 2 years ago in Landlord & Tenant

Isileli’s answer: Unless they agree to move out you will have to file an unlawful detainer. You need to give the requisite notice first before you can file an unlawful detainer.

Answered over 2 years ago.

Is it a felony to use someone's information to register online?: I just found out that my soon to be Ex husband registered into my credit card companies website and was checking my credit card statement without my consent.

Is this a felony? And what are my rights? Can I file a claim against him?
He has forged my signature in many places, such as tax return before.


Asked over 2 years ago in Government

Isileli’s answer: It is not clear exactly what happened. If they used your information to access your account information without your permission then it is a federal and state crime. You could sue under the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act in federal court.

Answered over 2 years ago.