Powered by Avvo.com

Verbal Warning and Adjustment of Status: Friend gets pulled over. Police finds illegal substance and confiscates it and given verbal warning. Police asks for passenger for ID, but passenger didn't have one, so just gave name, DOB, height, address etc. Police enters information in his computer (to search for warrants?) then says you can leave. With this just being a verbal warning, will this show up on a background check for adjustment of status? Will it have any negative repercussions? Was never arrested, cited, charged, convicted etc. was just with the wrong crowd and has since stopped associating with them.

Asked over 1 year ago in Immigration

Tung’s answer: First, I would do a thorough background check to make sure.
Second, I would see an experience attorney to deal with the issue since in the adjustment application, your friend will have to answer this question: Have you ever knowingly committed any crime of drug related or moral turpitude that you have been arrested? Only your friend and the attorney with properly disclosed inf will know what to do for sure on this one. in some cases, lying on the application could be worse that the crime committed (if explained properly)

Best of luck

Answered over 1 year ago.

Filling for i-485 in connection with my us citizen son petetion. Me and my wife entered legally in the us since year 2000: I was able to obtain a valid social security number and able to work for 15 years without authorization. Record will show that I had contributed to my social security for 15 years.. Upon reviewing some issues about filling i-485 form,I see some problems that could hamper my change of status application and the issuance of green card as well.Pls! advice me what to do.. thank you

Asked almost 2 years ago in Immigration

Tung’s answer: Your immigration issues are very complex. There are many factors from your past immigration and criminal violations (that should not be discussed in a public forum) that will dictate what you can do now.

Your best option is to see an experience immigration lawyer ASAP. Do not apply for an immigration benefits until you see one.

Answered almost 2 years ago.

I just got my us citizenship. I married a girl who has a greencard who got that last year through EDV. What is the fastest way for her to get her citizenship, petition through me or her.. How long?

Asked almost 2 years ago in Immigration

Tung’s answer: The fastest way is through you (an US Citizen spouse) after 3 years as long as she can meet the below:
Have been a permanent resident (green card holder) for at least 3 years
Have been living in marital union with the same U.S. citizen spouse during such time
Meet all other Citizenship eligibility requirements of INA 319(a).

Congrads to you and you wife.

Answered almost 2 years ago.