Powered by Avvo.com

Do I need a attorney for a slip and fall injury??: I visited a Walmart about a week ago I slipped and fell in the bathroom because of a lot of water on the floor I injured my back very much and I broke my phone during the fall and I am loosing income because I can work which is baby sitting. So I was thinking is there anyway I can get anything for my pain and suffering and because I broke my phone.

Asked over 2 years ago in Slip and Fall

Hasti’s answer: Slip and fall accidents can often be hard to prove, settle and even win... so much so, that some attorneys won't even take them. In the event that we do, we often collect a higher percentage of attorneys fees than we do in other personal injury cases. That being said, the strength of your case depends on factors such as whether you had damages. For example, did you have any medical bills that you had to pay? Can you prove you lost time from work? Did you see the water there? Were there any witnesses? Did you file a complaint with Walmart? To figure this out, I suggest you speak with a personal injury attorney in your area who can provide you with a free consultation. I suggest finding one that handles a good deal of slip and fall cases. Good luck!

Answered over 2 years ago.

Who is responsible for identifying the designated beneficiary of a 401(A) plan after the death of the employee when the: designated beneficiary is unnamed?

Asked over 2 years ago in Estate Planning

Hasti’s answer: A representative or administrator of the estate will have to contact the employer and furnish them with the death certificate and the proof of the beneficiaries. Please note this may require a Probate Code 13100 declaration to the employer to obtain distribution within 40 days after death and where no probate was initiated.

Answered over 2 years ago.

Do I need to speak to a lawyer who specializes in the medical field for a burn received from a physical therapist?: In January of 2015 I was burned on my left leg by a physical therapist who was assigned to me by my insurance group. I was in to see the therapist to help rehabilitate my leg after a surgery I had in December of 2014. I had to visit an urgent care center a couple of days after my therapy appointment because I was in pain and was informed that I had developed a serious infection and had suffered a second degree burn. I continue to have pain and still have an open wound. I believe my primary care doctor and the physical therapist (not the same one who burned me, though same company, different office and different therapist) are not giving me adequate care for my burn and this has further slowed my recovery process from my surgery.

Asked over 2 years ago in Personal Injury

Hasti’s answer: I recommend getting copies of your medical records and bills and also taking pictures of your wounds every day. You should immediately consult with either a personal injury attorney or medical malpractice attorney in your area. Based on the strength of your case, an attorney may represent you on a contingency basis. In the meantime, do not talk to anyone (especially the medical provider) until you have found an attorney to represent you.

Answered over 2 years ago.