Powered by Avvo.com

Is it difficult for my US citizen wife to file for my green card while we are overseas?: My US citizen wife lives with me overseas, we got married here overseas years ago. We are planning to move to the US. My wife worked in the US for 10 years, and went to college and graduate school there. She has a US bank account and active US credit cards, her entire retirement savings and investments are in the US. She files Federal taxes and intends to vote in the US election. She uses her parent's address as her US address. She has a US passport, social security number etc. She does not have a job offer yet, but we have been looking and she has had a couple interviews. I have a US visitor's visa.

Will it be difficult for her to provide proof of domicile for the affidavit of support on a spousal green card filing for me?

Asked 11 months ago in Immigration

Husna’s answer: Securing a Joint Sponsor who meets the basic requisites such as adequate income levels as stated in the 2016 LICO guidelines; residency in the United States for at least six months and status as a US Permanent Resident of Citizen; should alleviate your anxiety with respect to the affidavit of support requirements. The I864P listing the LICO amounts based on the number of people in your Joint Sponsor's household, may be found at www.uscis.gov I would strongly recommend that you enlist the services of an experienced Immigration Attorney to guide you through this process.

Answered 11 months ago.

Will my tattoos affect my CR-1 visa application?: I have numerous tattoos on myself but absolutely NONE of them are gang-related in any way and neither do I have any past criminal background (never been arrested or anything even close to as such). But are my tattoos going to be a big problem for our CR-1 visa application? If so, then could you give us an idea of how differently our case might get treated?
It's just that we read these stories around in forums where peoples' cases either got rejected or got delayed months and even years because of their tattoos and are now really worried.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Thank you!

Asked 11 months ago in Immigration

Husna’s answer: Yes, I agree with my colleague above. Please have an immigration attorney present with you to protect your rights against any potential bias by an adjudicator. You can find an attorney in your geographical area by going to the find a lawyer tab on avvo.com

Answered 11 months ago.

How much time it takes to get H1B Extension along with location Amendment? When is the earliest I can travel to new location?: My H1B visa was stamped in 2013 with validity till Sept 2016. I travelled to US in July 2014 and have been working with same client at same work location since then. Now I need to move to a different location with the same client and team. My roles and responsibilities will remain the same. I understand an H1B amendment will have to be filed for location change and it is going to take 3-4 weeks for the same. As my H1B is going to expire in Sept 2016, my company is also going to file for Visa Extension along with Amendment.

Asked over 1 year ago in Immigration

Husna’s answer: An H1B extension typically takes 3 - 4 months. By filing the extension using premium processing, you would acquire a decision in 15 days and could relocate shortly thereafter.

Answered over 1 year ago.