Powered by Avvo.com

Purchased a house with money from a share my husband sold: After we moved to the states, my husband went back to Israel and sold a lot of shares he had from before our marriage. He came back to the states with the money and together we purchased a house - using that money as a down payment and the rest in a mortgage. Now, we are getting a divorce, he feels he has the right to get all that money back from the shares he sold. We have been living in the house for 10 years. Is this true?

Asked over 4 years ago in Divorce

Edward’s answer: If the deed to the home was put into both of your names it then become community property under AZ law and 1/2 of the equity in the home belongs to each party.

Answered over 4 years ago.

My wife left our home in feb 2012: My wife left our home in feb 2012, she left not only her home but her 5 kids as well. now she is in a relationship and wants to fight for custody and alimony. what should i do? what are my chances coming out on top?

Asked almost 5 years ago in Divorce

Edward’s answer: Your wife may be guilty of having abandoned your children since she left more that six months ago. You may have a very good chance of becoming the sole custodial parent of the children. I believe that you should obtain legal counsel for this custody litigation. Edward Amack

Answered almost 5 years ago.

Spouse refuses to send me the uncontested divorce papers for signature after she has already signed them.: She has held the documents for 6 months. The paperwork was initiated by a lawyer in Georgia where it was to be filed. I reside in Arizona. She does not want to forego her health benefits through my employer. What recourse do I have to get them sent to me so I can sign them and they can be filed in Georgia. Thank you

Asked almost 5 years ago in Uncontested Divorce

Edward’s answer: In Arizona, both parties must be totaling in agreement to sign an uncontested divorce decree. I would assume that Gerogia has the same or very similar statutes. You state the reason that she does not want the divorce, and it is my thinking she will probabaly not send the decree so that it could be filed in Georgia. You do not have any legal resource to make her mail the decree it must be her own voluntary act. Edward Amack

Answered almost 5 years ago.