Powered by Avvo.com

Can I apply for my parents to their get green cards through me while they are in USA as a tourist?: Respected attorneys,
I have asked this question earlier today but, based on the responses that I got from you, I decided to elaborate on that a bit.
A month ago I became US citizen. Before that, i.e. over three months ago, my parents came to visit me and their newborn grand child. Now, I would like them to stay with me so I decided to apply for their green card. I would like to say this was not planned at all because over six months ago when they appeared at the US embassy in Ankara to apply for their visas I had no idea whatsoever that I will get my citizenship. I am now a bit confused whether I have to apply first for their extension visa (their visa will expire in about 2.5 months) or apply first for their permanent residenceship (green card). My question is do I need to renew their visas first or while their request is pending they can stay here without a need to extend their visas? Their ultimate goal is to stay with me in the US but, since it was not planned, they might be needing to go to Iran a couple times to fix things back there and then stay permanently in the US.

Many thanks for your precious advice in advance

Asked 19 days ago in Immigration

Alicia’s answer: Your elaboration is much appreciated. However, as my colleagues noted previously, please consider taking the time to consult with an attorney to discuss the specifics of your case as most attorneys will have additional questions before providing your accurate advice for your parents' situation. Avvo is a forum that provides answers to general legal questions and not specific legal advice.

Answered 19 days ago.

Can I apply for my parents to get green card through me while they are in USA as a tourist? : I am a US citizen and my parents came to USA to visit me ,I want to apply for them to get their green card. M y question is ,do I need renew their visa first or while their request is pending they are right to stay here and I don't need to extension their visa?
By the way, they are Iranian.

Asked 19 days ago in Immigration

Alicia’s answer: I agree with my colleagues, it is possible, but very important to take the time to consult with an attorney prior to filing as there are issues that could arise with immigrant intent and prior visits to the U.S. Good luck to you and your family!

Answered 19 days ago.

My husband applied on March 10 2017 for the AOS I-485 through marriage case is ready for interview ?: case is ready to be scheduled for an interview since April 25, 2017 how long will it be for him to receive anything else in the mail we have not received a working permit which we requested, and we still have not received the interview notice either

Asked about 1 month ago in Immigration

Alicia’s answer: The best way to check to see how long it might be is to review the processing times posted by USCIS.

Processing times can be found on the USCIS website or by using this link: https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/processTimesDisplay....

The work permit (Form I-765) is typically processed at the National Benefits Center.

For the interview, look at Tucson under the Field Office processing times and check the date for the I-485. Applications filed on or before that date are currently being interviewed.

Good luck to you!

Answered about 1 month ago.