Powered by Avvo.com

How do I respond to this email threatening me with a temporary custody motion?: My ex and I submitted an agreed upon parenting plan granting me 100% custody of our six mont old daughter. I asked him to see her twice a week instead of three times for more time in that visit. Our custody and divorce is final in 4 weeks. This is the email I got today; how am I supposed to respond?
this is a formal request to continue seeing [baby] three times a week. I'm willing to pick her up later and where the pickup is will remain up to you for now.

If you don't respond I'll assume your answer is no and I will file a motion for a temporary order to continue seeing her on our formally agreed upon schedule.

Asked over 2 years ago in Child Custody

Tara’s answer: I would try to work out some arrangement that you are comfortable with. Court costs can be expensive and courts do like to see both parents involved. Please feel free to call me if you want to further discuss your options.

Answered over 2 years ago.

My wife has 50/50 custody of her daughter (my step), but is wanting to file for full custody in her daughter's best interest?: My wife's daughter is 3, we'll call her B. A previous parenting plan is in place, but was made under completely different living circumstances for all parties involved. Currently, the plan is taking a large emotional toll on B, and on her. He works full time, and B is left with his mother majority of the time. My wife works from home and has full capability to handle all Dr's appointments and school related issues. On top of that, father's mother is overstepping bounds and applying herself as B's mother. Father has gone against multiple clauses on the existing parenting plan. Do we have grounds to file for full custody or at minimum he having every other weekend? Or should we leave the situation as is? Thanks for any input.

Asked over 2 years ago in Family

Tara’s answer: Courts prefer 50/50 unless there is clear evidence that it is not in the best interest of the child. I understand these situations are not ideal. If you want to discuss your options, please feel free to contact me. I would be happy to discuss with you over the phone.

Answered over 2 years ago.

Do I need a personal injury lawyer? If not what is a reasonable settlement amount?: Was a passenger in a car accident, 11/15/14, in which the driver fell asleep. My neck and back were injured. I already had issues in both from work and a previous accident last January. The bottom line is I am going to have to retire sooner than I had planned because even the minimally physical (for coal mining) job I am now doing causes me pain that I was not having before the accident. I was hoping to be able to work until I was 62, am 59 1/2 now.

Asked over 2 years ago in Car Accident

Tara’s answer: Before settling any personal injury claim, I would recommend consulting with an attorney to ensure you are receiving an appropriate settlement based on your extensive injuries.

Answered over 2 years ago.