Powered by Avvo.com

Is this a case of medical malpractice? I entered all the info I could, there is so much more to this issue we would like to add.: My husband has chronic health issues and several conditions. His diagnosis are: eosinophilic gastritis exacerbation, eosinophilic colitis, gastroesophageal reflux disease, autoimmune urticaria & angioedema, pancreatitis, pancreatic rest, hypertriglyceridemia, hyperlipidemia, accelerated hypertension, malignant hypertension, angioedema, fatty liver disease, acute on chronic abdominal pain, chronic diarrhea, gastrointestinal hemorrhage. We just came home from another appointment at the GI clinic and this doctor said he doesn't buy the previous diagnosis, and diagnosed him with IBS. Let me also mention this hospital doesn't know how to treat him, passing him from one doc to another. Released from the hospital yesterday, to make a pain clinic appt to be denied care and sent to GI and denied.

Asked over 2 years ago in Medical Malpractice

Dina’s answer: Medical malpractice claims have become the most difficult personal injury claims to pursue in Texas -- Texas has literally become a safe haven for many bad doctors. In light of this, it does not appear from your description that you would be able to pursue a case for malpractice. Some of the reasons for this include the extensive protections provided to doctors, the extreme expense involved to pursue a case when multiple doctors are involved, and the various types of costly experts that your case would require. That said, the most important thing, of course, is to get the very best care available for your husband. In situations such as this it is advisable to get 2nd, 3rd or even 4th opinions on the care that your husband needs and his diagnosis. When your doctors are in agreement about the diagnosis, then you can feel more assured that the care plan is most appropriate. I wish you and your husband all the best.

Answered over 2 years ago.

I owe 30,000 in back child support for 12 years i was in prison how do i get it waived when the other parent is in agreement: now out I've learned that my child's mother gave her rights to the child to her father and if i do the same he will waive all back child support . I know I will owe any money that the Gov. gave the mother I was court ordered to pay child support to the mother while in prison even though she doesn't have coustaty of the child she said she would waive the back support as well.

Asked over 2 years ago in Child Support

Dina’s answer: You will need to contact an attorney to file for a Modification of your current Order and your attorney will need to have the mother, Attorney General, and potentially the maternal grandfather sign an Agreed Order for the Judge to enter. After the Order is entered, it will need to be submitted to the Attorney General so that the appropriate credits can be applied. Dealing with the Attorney General's office is very tricky and it is no uncommon for them to mix up their accounting on a case, so you will need an attorney to assist you in making sure that all credits are properly applied.

Answered over 2 years ago.

Do I have a case for a professional calling CPS?: An E.R. Doctor contacted CPS when my wife (and our homehealth nurse) brought our 5 yr old child to the E.R due to swelling of the leg. He's disabled from spina bifida with major complications. Everytime we bring him to a local E.R. he is immediately transported to Texas Children's in Houston Tx. His X-rays revealed a broken femur - without the doctor even asking any questions from my wife/nurse or contacting TCH to ask anything about the matter, CPS was contacted for child abuse (violation of 'in good faith'?). He sought to find out any facts other than the X-ray itself. We were then mistreated and my son's care seemed delayed. Once transported and taken care of at TCH, the doctors their documented NO signs of child abuse and knew exactly why his femur broke. I have a lot more information.

Asked over 2 years ago in Libel

Dina’s answer: Doctors, Lawyers, and Teachers all have a legal obligation to immediately report any suspected child abuse. I understand your frustration over having to go through this, but in my opinion you have no legal cause of action.

Answered over 2 years ago.