Powered by Avvo.com

What is the statute of limitations for errors and omissions in Louisiana?: My life insurance agent dispersed the cash value of my private whole life insurance policy ($100,000+) to my wife without my approval and she forged my signature and stole it. He admits (on tape) he was wrong to do it. How much time do I have to file a suit against him?

Asked about 4 years ago in Insurance

Wade’s answer: One year from the date of the the alleged act, omission or neglect is discovered, but no more than 3 years under any circumstances. Thus, if the action happened 5 years ago, for example, your claim is prescribed. The 1/3 year periods do not apply in cases of fraud, but it sounds like your "wife" was the one who committed fraud and the agent was just negligent.

Answered about 4 years ago.

My employer did not have workmans comp. But he is paying me as if it is workmans comp, Can he just stop paying me, after a year.: It has been almost a year now. I am disable do to the accident at work. Are should I get a lawyer.

Asked about 4 years ago in Workers Compensation

Wade’s answer: Your employer may be waiting for a year to run, and then he'll stop paying and claim you were never injured. He may also have work comp insurance and just isn't telling you. YOU NEED TO CONSULT A LOCAL WORK COMP ATTORNEY TODAY. Maybe there is nothing to worry about, but you need to bring your paperwork to a local attorney and let him review to make sure everything is "above board."

Answered about 4 years ago.

Can someone who had an 894 and then a second DUI have the DUI expunged?: I was charged with a DUI in 2005 and used an 894. I received a second DUI in 2009 while leaving a dinner party. I am applying for jobs that require a lot of travel and driving and I am worried that a background check will show both DUIs. My first question is will both show up on a background check since I used an 894 for the first? My second question is if my record is otherwise clean, is it possible to have these charges expunged so I do not risk losing a job offer?

Asked about 4 years ago in DUI & DWI

Wade’s answer: Google LA Code of Criminal Procedure article 894 (B)(2). Any NEW charge within 10 years of your first 894 DUI conviction/expungement can be charged as a 2nd offense. You only get one bite at the apple. Get your paperwork together and hire an attorney. Maybe there is something the records the attorney can use to help you out you haven't mentioned.

Answered about 4 years ago.