Powered by Avvo.com

I have file for my step child i-130 n I received a rejection of yellow paper to resubmitted again I am confused : I have file i-130 for my step child and It was return back with application n payment with yellow paper saying I would have to resubmitted because it was rejected but I am confused

Asked about 2 months ago in Immigration

David’s answer: That may either be an RFE(request for evidence) due to USCIS requiring more information, or you didn't submit proper payment. Right now, I-130s are $535 payment to Department of Homeland Security.

Answered about 2 months ago.

I want to take my name off a birth certificate : I want to remove my name from a birth certificate of a child that is not mine the birth certificate people made me add my name to the birth certificate being that me and my ex wife was still married when the baby was conserved even though the child isn't even mine so how can I get my name removed

Asked about 2 months ago in Prenuptials

David’s answer: Louisiana's DHH provides information for how to do this:

How to Remove a Father’s Name from a Child’s Birth Certificate

"Any person signing a voluntary acknowledgment of paternity may change their mind and revoke their acknowledgment within 60 days of signing the form. The person must complete a Revocation of Acknowledgment of Paternity and file it with Vital Records within the 60 day period.

After 60 days, a parent must file a petition in court in Louisiana to rescind (revoke) the acknowledgment pursuant to R.S. 9:392 A (7) (a & b) or R.S. 9:406. If filed, the petition to rescind the acknowledgment must be based on a claim that the signing of the acknowledgment was because of fraud, duress, or material mistake of fact. You may need to consult with your attorney regarding what evidence might be needed to prove this claim in court."

http://new.dhh.louisiana.gov/index.cfm/page/696... to Remove a Father’s Name from a Child’s Birth Certificate

Answered about 2 months ago.

Can I use a watch conceals a video camera to capture my trailer park manager when he is harassing me?: Can I use a watch that conceals a video camera with audio to capture my trailer park manager when he is harassing me? I pay my rent on time. But, anytime I have a problem, such as our toilet failing to flush properly, he starts on a rant. And multiple times he has stated that he would have me arrested. This last time, he wanted me to take a lawyer's card and call them. To which I responded how does a maintenance require a lawyer?
Louisiana law states:
In-person conversations: A person cannot overhear or tape a private conversation to which that person is not openly present and participating or listening, unless consent to record is given by at least one of the parties to the conversation. La. Rev. Stat. Ann. § 15:1303.
So, if I am the target of his comments, present, listening and participating, is it legal for me to record our conversation?

Asked about 2 months ago in Privacy

David’s answer: Louisiana is a one party consent state, as mentioned here:


The other issue is expectation of privacy. If he's coming on your property and you consent to recording him, and you are overtly participating in the communication, and he knows this, according to the law, you are probably OK.

Answered about 2 months ago.