Powered by Avvo.com

What kind of lawyer do i need? : I had filed a motion regarding change of domicile i went to court and it was denied. I need a lawyer to help me object and to help me win my case.. What kind of lawyer do i need?

Asked 3 months ago in Child Custody

Michael’s answer: All excellent advice. Depending on the status of the case, you might even need an appellate attorney. Good luck.

Answered 3 months ago.

Does probate court have the right to decide on family photos or Christmas ornaments? On what sibling get them?: My brother has been living with my mother to look after her for the past 8.5 yrs. he also helped her out a lot finacially during this time. Now she is deceased and there are Christmas ornaments and some old family pictures that he has said she wanted him to have them. Does probate have the authority to rule on such item?

Asked 3 months ago in Probate

Michael’s answer: The Probate Court has authority to allocate a decedent's assets pursuant to Will and the law. I don't have enough information here to guide you in any direction other than to urge you to hire a lawyer.

Answered 3 months ago.

Is it possible to ask to serve my time after my baby is born. : My sentence date is April 4. I already took a plea for one year in Wayne county jail. I will be 27 weeks at the time of my sentencing.

Asked about 1 year ago in Criminal Defense

Michael’s answer: Ask your lawyer to speak with your probation officer, the prosecutor, and the judge to let each know you will be asking for an adjourned date to report for sentencing. Few jails want the burden and cost of child birth, so I'd think a judge likely would grant the request - especially if the PO, prosecutor, and jail administration concur. Good luck.

Answered about 1 year ago.