Powered by Avvo.com

What is it called when the client wants to sue their lawyer for bad service? : My lawyers actions were disturbing. I was lied to and my case had no respect from the lawyer. What is the procedure called when you sue a lawyer to proceed they were bad and negative to their clients? How many years can you wait to sue for this?

Asked 8 months ago in Medical Malpractice

David’s answer: it is called Legal Malpractice and generally the claim must be made within 2 years of the date of the last service by the attorney, a discovery period of 6 months from the time you knew or should have known when U don't realize until after the 2 year period of time.

Answered 8 months ago.

Do I have a possible Mal practice lawsuit?: I had double hernia surgery on May 12, 2015, the surgeon said it was outpatient. When I woke up, he came by to see how I was doing. He told me that the repairs were done but that there was a problem during surgery, that's when he told my wife and I that he accidentally severed a nerve. I was so swollen that he kept me in the hospital for 3 days, He mentioned that the pain will be permanent and that I'll be numb on left side, and wasn't sure why I'm still swollen. He scheduled a Eurologist appt for me, which I just seen on Nov 30, 2015. The Eurologist said that only another surgery could take care of the swelling but that I could lose a testicle. I've been in pain since May and have been depressed, can not sleep well cause of the swelling. The Eurologist also confirmed that the nerve severed was not part of the surgery. This injury is affecting me at work, I'm having issues with concentrating. The lack of sleep also is affecting me. The hernia surgeon knows that I'm upset but states that there is nothing that he can do. I do not want to be on pain meds forever as they can damage certain organs and can be addictive.

Asked over 1 year ago in Medical Malpractice

David’s answer: Medical malpractice cases can be complicated. As an experienced Michigan medical malpratice attorney, I'd be happy to discuss your potential claim with you this morning. Please feel free to email me directly with your contact information and I will reach out to you.

Answered over 1 year ago.

What can I do about a circumcision done from four years ago?: We live in Michigan. My son had his circumcision done 4 years ago at Three Rivers hospital Michigan. We had some complications during my pregnancy and my son was born a month early. He was in the hospital for a little over a week, and when I was finally well enough to take care of him, I noticed his penis looked a little different. It looked like it was healing onto the glans. We took my son to the doctor and brought it to their attention, and we were told that it was completely normal and it would look better as he got older. The year after we brought him back again for a checkup and mentioned it to the doctors. Again we were told the same. He is now 4, and what appears to be bridging has occurred. It is very hard to keep his penis clean and we arent sure what to do, especially as he ages

Asked over 4 years ago in Medical Malpractice

David’s answer: Your son's medical welfare is most important. As my colleagues have suggested, it would be a good idea to obtain an opinion from another doctor.

In Michigan, medical malpractice occurs when there is a breach of the standard of care that results (i.e. is the proximate cause of) damages. The only way to determine whether there was a breach of the standard of care or not is to have an expert with the same background, training, and experience review the records. Also, because of the expense and procedural difficulties with medical malpractice cases, sometimes even meritorious cases can be hard to pursue.

You should contact an experienced medical malpractice lawyer to discuss your potential claims.

Answered over 4 years ago.