Powered by Avvo.com

Should i be worry: i was deperted in 1997 for missing an ins hearing i have no criminal record i came back without a visa. 10 years later i was aprove for tps im from haiti im married with 2 kids born in fl i also have an aproved i360. i485 was filed
i receive an apointment to terminated the deportation case is it ok to go or file a motion?

Asked about 1 year ago in Immigration

J. Alistair’s answer: You need to speak with an immigration attorney.

Answered 12 months ago.

How do I sue the State of Florida for civil rights violations in the court room. Executive +Legislative wash their hands!: I accepted a plea bargain, 2 years’ probation…adjudication withheld, after being accused of possession of child pornography. Several days later documents were entered into the system> changing my NO-CONTEST plea to a GUILTY plea AND adding SEX OFFENDER as an additional sentence! My attorney asked for and received an order to clarify sentence….which reads as follows> defendant’s photograph and biographical information will be removed from the internet. Several days later a different attorney brought the issue to a different judge IN THE SAME COURT HOUSE and reversed the previous judges actions.
I have 2 letters from officials in the legislative branch of Florida’s Government as well as one letter from the FLORIDA DEPARTMENT OF LAW ENFORCEMENT >FDLE, all three telling me to take long walks off of short piers! The Judicial branch is the last place to go so what specialization is needed here? I do not believe I am fighting a criminal case anymore, it reached its illegal conclusion over a decade and a half ago! I owned an Inn on Anna Maria Island, Having this happen to me was no different than THE BATES MOTEL. I was evicted from my own home. I live on 13 acres of Swamp today!

Asked about 1 year ago in Criminal Defense

J. Alistair’s answer: Under Florida Law a person who pleads no contest and adjudication is withheld for child pornography charges is required to register as a sex offender. Florida law views a plea of no contest as a conviction even though adjudication is withheld. You can't file a civil rights lawsuit under 42 USC 1983 which would upset a conviction because of the Heck Bar doctrine.

You can go look up Fla. Stat. 943.0435(1)(b) which states that "convicted" for the purposes of registering as a sex offender means "that there has been a determination of guilt as a result of a trial or the entry of a plea of guilty or nolo contendere, regardless of whether adjudication is withheld, and includes an adjudication of delinquency of a juvenile as specified in this section. Conviction of a similar offense includes, but is not limited to, a conviction by a federal or military tribunal, including courts-martial conducted by the Armed Forces of the United States, and includes a conviction or entry of a plea of guilty or nolo contendere resulting in a sanction in any state of the United States or other jurisdiction. A sanction includes, but is not limited to, a fine, probation, community control, parole, conditional release, control release, or incarceration in a state prison, federal prison, private correctional facility, or local detention facility."

There is a case that has discussed your very kind of situation and it says you are considered to be a sex offender due to your plea of no contest. Price v. State, 43 So. 3d 854 (Fla. 5th DCA 2010).

You need to consult privately with an attorney to see if this information is correct still as I am not your lawyer and am only providing some potential places for you to look.

Answered 12 months ago.

Game of skill: In your game of skill, the winner wins a fairly expensive TV. If you have 10 ties, how do you determine the winner?

Asked about 1 year ago in Defective Products

J. Alistair’s answer: You keep playing until you have a winner. Or cut the TV in half and call it a day.

Answered about 1 year ago.