Powered by Avvo.com

What do I do?: Monday morning at about 2:30am i fell asleep at the wheel after giving my friend a ride when he woke me up with a phone call asking me for the ride. I ended up crashing into an off duty police officer's personal vehicle. I ended up being charged with 4 different types of driving while impaired ("must appears") and 3 traffic violations. I was arrested that night. I had taken my sleeping medication and my xanax at around 9 or 10pm and that had to have been the cause for my accident and why I failed FSB.I blew .000 on the breathalizer but failed the field sobriety test. I don't remember what happened at the police station, but I have a sheet of paper tha says I refused to take a breathalizer/blood test. But, I took the breathalizer on the scene of theaccident. So I don't know why I have a sheet of paper that says I refused to take one. My license has been suspended I believe, but I need to be able to drive for work. I don't know how to go about getting a temporary license (or whatever I can get right now). All the paperwork and/or instructions I have are so confusing I don't even know where to start. I don't even know how to find out when my court date (s) is/are. Please help me.

Asked 7 months ago in DUI & DWI

Allan’s answer: FIrst ,please don't post details of your case online in a public forum. As several of my colleagues indicate you can be convicted of DUI/DWI for driving under the influence of prescribed medication. This is an entire practice area of it's own. You have several criminal traffic matters you are facing and you definitely need to speak to a lawyer who handles drugged driving cases. Most offer free consultations and you should do this sooner versus later.

Answered 7 months ago.

What should i do: I got pulled over and charged with driving with revoke license.I'm from nashville and i was cited in hagerstown md

Asked 7 months ago in Speeding Ticket

Allan’s answer: As Mr Scherr said, this is a jailable offense and considered 'criminal traffic' in Maryland. Most traffic lawyers offer a free phone consultation for people who are charged in Maryland but live or work out of state. Contact an experienced Maryland traffic lawyer and try to resolve your license before your Maryland court date.

Answered 7 months ago.

My sister has to appear in court for failure to display license. truth is I was the actual drive what should we expect in court: As I stated above, I was the actual driver, not my sister. I signed her name and told them I was her because I do not have a license. I want to make it right, so I will be accompany her to court and telling the judge just that. Do you think I will be taken into custody or is it wise for me to go without lawyer representation. I need advice ASAP. Court is tomorrow.

Asked 10 months ago in Criminal Defense

Allan’s answer: You should NOT post information that could incriminate you or your sister on a public forum. You should contact an experienced attorney who can explain the implications and potential consequences of your actions and those of your sister in a confidential setting. Most criminal/traffic lawyers offer free consultations.

Answered 10 months ago.