Powered by Avvo.com

Hello my son took the alfred plea and he is on probation? He have a 1st degree assault charge on his record. what should he put : Fill out applications dont know what to put for the question have you been convicted of a felony?

Asked about 1 month ago in Criminal Defense

Lawrence’s answer: It is actually an Alford North Carolina v. Alford, 400 U.S. 25 (1970). An Alford Plea is a guilty plea of a defendant who proclaims he is innocent of the crime, and admits that the prosecution has enough evidence to prove that he is guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. It is entered when an accused, together with his attorney, has made the calculated decision to plead guilty because the evidence against him is so strong that it will likely lead to conviction. Typically, it can result in a guilty plea of a lesser crime (i.e. second degree assault rather than first), but only if he and his lawyer negotiated that you need to see if he was actually convicted of the first or 2nd° assault, and that will let you know how he needs to answer the form

Answered about 1 month ago.

I have a stat will it stop me from becoming a police officer: I was charged with a second degree assault.

Asked 5 months ago in Violent Crime

Lawrence’s answer: If you haven't applied for the police job yet, I recommend that you try to get your record expunged. If you've already applied, make sure you answer honestly on the application about the charge.

Answered 5 months ago.

What's our best course of action my husband has 2 warrants & a body attachment, each in a different MD County. : My husband has 2 outstanding warrants in 2 different MD counties, Baltimore & Frederick, issued 3/31/2016 & 6/10/2016 respectively, both in the circuit court level. And then yesterday a no bond body attachment was issued in the circuit court for Carroll County for FTA for a child support hearing, when he was told that if he made a payment it would go away, and he's made payments. The warrants are both for FTA on a driving on suspended charge that carries a max of 60 days. Baltimore set a bond at $10,000 & Frederick issued a no bond. Frederick says he failed to appear 5 times, which isn't true, he missed the initial appearance because he'd gotten a public defender & usually when you've got counsel, you don't need to go to the initial. We want to get all of these taken care of as soon as possible. We didn't know own about the outstanding warrants as we've moved several times in the last couple months. We've just had a new baby & I'm not currently working, so we can't afford for him to not go to work. We don't have much extra money, but feel we need a defense lawyer to help us out. Any suggestions or help is greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Asked 5 months ago in Criminal Defense

Lawrence’s answer: You definitely need a private lawyer to coordinate with all counties and to get the warrants quashed. This is not an easy task, nor will it be cheap. However, because everything you have going on in your life, sometimes you must spend money to get good results. Good luck

Answered 5 months ago.