Powered by Avvo.com

As an employee of a company can i personally be sued by a client?: Im a tattoo artist employed at a shop in rhode island. my employer does not carry insurance. if a client has a reaction to the ink or gets an infection can i personally be sued?

Asked about 1 month ago in Employment

John’s answer: In general, yes, they can sue you. Anyone can sue anyone for anything provided they pay file a lawsuit and pay the filing fee. The real questions is a) would they bother and b) can they win. In your case, I would say a) if they have a bad reaction they might sue and and b) since the shop has no insurance they might sue you.

Answered about 1 month ago.

How can cavalry llc legally try to attach wages if I have only now received a hearing date for this?Don't I need prior Notice?: I received a letter stating I have a hearing may 3 this year to civil on behalf of cavalry llc to attach my wages. I was public assistance, snap wise, 6months ago, I am moving due to death in family and losing my apartment. I dont want to lose my new place or not be able to pay my bills.

Asked about 1 month ago in Debt Collection

John’s answer: It appears Cavalry sued you and got a default judgment (a piece of paper saying the court has determined you owe Cavalry $x) because you did not respond. They are now trying to collect the judgment by garnishing your wages. The notice you received explains if you collected any type of public assistance within the prior year you can object and your wages will not be garnished. It explains how to object. You should object.

If you did not receive notice of the lawsuit in the first place, you can also file a motion to have the judgment vacated (erased). It would not end the lawsuit but Cavalry would then have to prove you owe it.

If you file bankruptcy, you will probably never have to pay the judgment.

Answered about 1 month ago.

Safty violation : Hello I would like to know if I could sue my landlord for a painted shut window?

Asked about 1 month ago in Landlord & Tenant

John’s answer: The Code Enforcement department of the city/town where the apartment is located should be able to tell you if it is a building code violation. If the windows worked when you moved in, the landlord may have violated his/her obligations under the Rhode Island Residential Landlord Tenant Act..

Answered about 1 month ago.