|Award name||Grantor||Date granted|
|Academic Writing Fellowship||Harvard Law School||2012|
|Cory Nathan Belleau Scholarship||Brigham Young University||2006|
|Associate Attorney||Sunlight Law PLLC||2014 - Present|
|Legal Researcher||metaLAB @ Harvard||2012 - 2012|
|Association name||Position name||Duration|
|Washington Women Lawyers||State Liason||2014 - Present|
|Yakima County Bar Association||Member||2014 - Present|
|Sensate License Drafting||N/A|
|See all legal cases|
|Harvard Journal of Law and Technology Digest||Artificial Intelligence and Authorship Rights||2012|
|Harvard Journal of Law and Technology Digest||Should Lawyers Dream of Electric Sheep? Digital Art: A Dynamic Misfit in a Static System||2011|
|Harvard Law School||Law||JD - Juris Doctor||2013|
|Brigham Young University||Art History||BA||2006|
|Cheng Kung University||International Business||MBA||N/A|
Posted by Mark
So glad I found Acosta Law. My ex-wife filed a restraining order against me, keeping me from my children. She made up a bunch of lies and false allegations to try to swing the custody case her way.
Rocky took my case even though the hearing was coming up soon. She and her staff worked with me to get all of my documents prepared in time, and were able to show the discrepancies in my ex-wife's lies. Not only was the restraining order dropped, I ended up getting primary custody because we were able to show that she was mentally unstable!
It was a complicated case, but it was worth it to have an attorney that helped me through every step. I don't think I would have gotten the same result with anyone else.
Posted by Yasmen
When my ex threatened to take my baby I knew I had to get a lawyer quickly who would hurry and make sure we were safe. Rocky's office went above and beyond to get everything done in time and I felt so much better. We were able to meet and they explained everything to me clearly so I understood what was going on. They even had a discount for people who don't have a lot of money!
When it got to the hearing I was afraid about what might happen, but it went great and she got me the results I wanted. I'm happy to recommend her.
Posted by anonymous
Hired Raquel because I needed a reliable, knowledgeable attorney to assist with my custody battle on a tight budget. Big mistake for the following reasons:
- She arrived late to both of our hearings, nearly missing our turn.
- She was incredibly difficult to get a hold of (even when the issues were very time-sensitive). When it was time to pay the remainder of my bill, the staff was suddenly available, calling me multiple times in one day.
- Her assistants were unbelievably rude and unprofessional (one of her paralegals arrived at the courthouse with her pot leaf tattoo exposed, the other paralegal called and yelled at me after I retained another attorney).
- My bill showed that I was charged for calls I made that were not answered.
- I was supposed to meet Raquel's assistant at the courthouse to finalize some paperwork. She arrived FIVE MINUTES before they closed and had not organized the paperwork.
- On a separate occasion, I drove about 40 miles to Yakima for an appointment with Raquel. She was not there and had made no attempts to inform me that she would not be able to make it.
Cash, Check, Credit card