Proven Results – 16 yrs Specializing in Employment & Discrimination Litigation.
I lead our Employment Law practice at Henderson Law Group, bringing 16 years' experience in general & employment law litigation. Admitted to practice law in WA State WSBA# 33567 (2003-present) and federal U.S. Dist. Ct. for W. Dist. of WA (2014-present). No history of disciplinary action.
● EMPLOYEES. Our focus is mainly Plaintiff's work, representing employees enduring harassment, retaliation, discrimination from their current or former employer. We are committed to helping maintain a workplace that is not only free from discrimination, but where employees are paid what they have earned under the law.
● EMPLOYERS. I am retained by a handful of small-midsize local employers, advising on maintaining policies and procedures that help to prevent discrimination and harassment in the workplace, drafting/revising employee handbooks, counseling through the legal landmines of effective firing/hiring practices, employee FMLA leave, reasonable accommodation of employees with disabilities, presenting preventative "Appropriate Employee Behavior" seminars to employers/HR departments, and much more…
● SHOULDER-TO-SHOULDER WITH EVERY CLIENT. I witness mistakes every day made by high volume law firms in taking on too many clients – dividing each case among several overworked attorneys assigned to manage one part of the case; typically not included in the big picture of who the client is and what the client wants as a “win.” We do things differently. I take a more holistic approach to each client's case…and my results speak for themselves. Personally working every case end-to-end: issue-spotting all viable WA State & federal legal claims from client's facts, exhaustive case-specific legal research, crafting a compelling & well-supported case theme, followed by detailed persuasive briefing including a comprehensive demand with nationwide comparators of damages awarded in cases similar to our client's. I purposefully maintain a Plaintiff’s caseload of 20 or fewer clients, referring many potential clients to my peers. My proven personal strategy is to take a deeper dive into fewer cases. Our brand of wrap-around client compassion & expert legal strategy tailored to each client’s specific facts, results in a proven track record of exceptional outcomes for our clients.
● COMMUNITY LEADER. Dedicated to anti-oppression & equal rights advocacy, including serving as elected Chair of Women United Thurston County and on the Board of Directors for SafePlace Olympia (24-hour Domestic Violence & Sexual Assault advocacy & confidential safehouse shelter).
● CASE RESULTS. In hiring our law firm to represent you, your objective is the same as ours – to deliver the results you need in a cost-effective manner. We have a proven track record of success in a broad variety of employment disputes. Each client’s case is unique. No two cases will result in the same outcome each time – even with similar facts and similar claims. Many times the resolution of a client’s claims involve both financial and non-financial remedies (depending on what our client is seeking). Non-confidential accomplishments (and news stories covering those results) are below.
Snapshot of recent results (list is not exhaustive):
2017: $350,000.00 settlement won against Lewis County (sexual harassment, retaliation, wrongful termination in violation of public policy):
2016: $335,000.00 settlement won against WA State (disability discrimination, hostile work environment, retaliation).
2015: $175,000.00 settlement won against Morton General Hospital (religious discrimination, wrongful termination in violation of public policy, retaliation).
We have successfully represented individuals in many areas of employment law:
There is no fee for an initial consultation with our law firm. We look forward to meeting you!
|Award name||Grantor||Date granted|
|Top 100 Trial Lawyers||National Trial Lawyers Association - www.thenationaltriallawyers.org/ntl-groups/top-100-trial-lawyers/||2019|
|Awarded South Sound Exceptional Woman||Soroptimists International of Olympia||2017|
|Awarded "40 Under Forty" Business Professionals in Puget Sound||Puget Sound Business Examiner||2016|
|Awarded 10 Best Labor & Employment Attorneys in WA State||AILC||2016|
|Awarded #1 in Legal Team Leadership, out of 360 global branches||Robert Half Legal International||2006|
|Elected WSBA King County Trustee - WA State Young Lawyers||WA State Bar Association||2004|
|WSBA Legal Professionalism Committee (2003-2007)||WA State Bar Association||2003|
|CALI award for earning top grade in a law school course||CALI "Excellence for the Future Award"||2002|
|Chair WSBA YLD Continuing Legal Ed. Committee (2002-2007)||WA State Bar Association||2002|
|Best Legal Oralist||Gonzaga Law School Linden Cup appellate advocacy competition||2001|
|Best Legal Brief Writer||National Moot Court appellate advocacy competition||2001|
|CALI award for earning top grade in a law school course||CALI "Excellence for the Future Award"||2001|
|CALI Award for earning top grade in a law school course||CALI “Excellence for the Future Award”||2000|
|CALI Award for earning top grade in a law school course||CALI “Excellence for the Future Award”||1999|
|Dean's List - 4.0 GPA earned||University of Washington||1998|
|Dean's List - 3.8 GPA earned||University of Washington||1997|
|Attorney & Partner||Henderson Law Group, PLLC||2013 - Present|
|Manager -- Microsoft||Logic20/20, Inc.||2010 - 2013|
|Elected Vice President of Legal & Technology||Puget Sound Project Mgmt Institute||2009 - 2012|
|Legal Counsel -- Microsoft||BluWater Consulting||2007 - 2009|
|Legal Division Director||Robert Half Legal||2005 - 2007|
|Judicial Clerk to Chief Justice Gerry Alexander||WA State Supreme Court||2002 - 2003|
|Employment Litigation Attorney||Carney Badley Spellman, PS||2001 - 2005|
|Attorney (Rule 9)||Paine Hamblen Coffin Brooke & Miller, LLP||1999 - 2002|
|Association name||Position name||Duration|
|Women United of Thurston County - https://www.unitedway-thurston.org/introducing-women-uniteds-new-chair-stephanie-stocker||Chair||2018 - Present|
|Washington State Association for Justice, Civil Rights Section||Eagle Member||2016 - Present|
|SafePlace Olympia||Board Member||2016 - Present|
|Women United of United Way Thurston County||Board Member||2015 - Present|
|Washington Employment Lawyers Association (WELA)||Member||2015 - Present|
|Business2Youth Connect -- Thurston County Chamber of Commerce||Mentor to High School Students||2014 - Present|
|U.S. District Court for the Western District of Washington||Member||2014 - Present|
|Washington Women Lawyers||Member||2011 - Present|
|Thurston County Chamber of Commerce Women's Group||Board Member||2011 - Present|
|Washington State Bar Association||Licensed Attorney||2003 - Present|
|Thurston County Bar Association||Member||2003 - Present|
|Junior League of Olympia||Leader||2002 - Present|
|Elected to Puget Sound Project Management Institute||Vice Chair||2009 - 2012|
|Washington State Bar Association||King County Trustee - WA Young Lawyers Board of Trustees||2006 - 2007|
|Washington State Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division, Continuing Legal Education Committee||Past Chair||2002 - 2007|
|Thurston County Bar Association "Legal Brief"||Tips to Avoid Employment Law Pitfalls||2015|
|Gonzaga University School of Law||Juris Doctorate||2002|
|University of Washington||Bachelor of Arts||1998|
|United Way Thurston County Power of the Purse Gala||Empowering Women in Our Community||2016|
|Human Resource Law: What You Need to Know Now||Employment Law -- Hiring & Recruiting||2016|
|Thurston County Chamber of Commerce Business Meeting||Employment Law||2015|
|Half Day Employment Law CLE -- Thurston County Bar Association||"The Maze of Medical Issues: FMLA, Accommodation and Discrimination”||2015|
|Chamber of Commerce Women's Group||Tips to Avoid Employment Law Pitfalls||2015|
|Thurston County Chamber of Commerce Women's Group||Employment Law -- Practical Tips for Reducing Harassment in Your Workplace||2014|
|See "About Me" section above for Stephanie Stocker's Case Results|
Posted by anonymous
Tue Apr 16 2019
Posted by Jose
Mon Apr 15 2019
Cash, Check, Credit Card
Our Rating is calculated using information the lawyer has included on their profile in addition to the information we collect from state bar associations and other organizations that license legal professionals. Attorneys who claim their profiles and provide Avvo with more information tend to have a higher rating than those who do not.
Years licensed, work experience, education
Peer endorsements, associations, awards
Publications, speaking engagements