Skip to main content
Lamont C. Loo

Lamont Loo’s Answers

4 total

  • What can do about a dealer ship selling me a without the title?

    he sold it to me without telling me the title was salvaged

    Lamont’s Answer

    It is unclear if the dealership sold you a vehicle without a title or with a salvaged titled. In either case, such may be a serious matter. Your first step is to contact the dealership and voice your concern to get the matter resolved. Ask to speak to the General Manager.
    If the matter does not get resolved, you may be forced to contact a consumer law attorney licensed in Georgia, contact the Georgia Department of Licensing (Motor Vehicle Dealers), contact the Georgia Attorney General's Office, and/or contact the applicable Better Business Bureau or similar agency for assistance.
    Title laws vary but are typically very strict in all of the states. It is in the best interest of you and the dealership to get this matter resolved as soon as possible. I wish you well.

    See question 
  • I received a quote on a new car and now dealership is wanting to up the price, is this quote binding?

    Liked the new mustang and wanted to buy it at the quoted price but when my husband and I got to the dealership to fix out paper work the salesman said there was an error of $13.000 in the quoted price. Walked out and said nothing, looking for le...

    Lamont’s Answer

    My law firm represents over 100 motor vehicle dealerships. This and similar issues are not uncommon. We are in the state of Washington. Although Virginia law may be different, there are some general concepts that will likely apply. For certaintly, you may want to confirm issues with a Virginia attorney.
    If there is a difference of $13,000, it is likely a bona fide error and you have do not have a binding deal. As with most things, if the deal sounds too good to be true, such is probably the case.
    If the vehicle was actually advertised and you were quoted the same price, there is probably a Virginia law that says you get to rely on that price. Again, however, if it was an honest error, you will not likely be entitled to the benefit of an honest mistake.

    See question 
  • For Commercial Lease Contracts, the option of extending lease contract by the tenant of (2) consecutive terms, is that a must?

    For Commercial Lease Contracts from Landlord/Lessor to Tenant/Lessee Normally stated in the Renew Terms Clause (...., Tenant has the option of extending this Lease for Two (2) consecutive 5 year terms. Tenant must provided written notice within s...

    Lamont’s Answer

    The short answer is, yes. If the Tenant has the right to extend the term in the contract, the tenant has the right to the extend the term so long as all of the prerequisites are met (e.g., written notice and not in default (or some leases provide for never having been in default) and possible other requirements). There is often still the contingency of applicable rent to be agreed upon during the extension term, but the extension term still applies. If the Landlord does not want to be required to extend the term, then the extension provisions need to not be in the contract.

    See question 
  • How do i see if i was left anything in a will?

    my grandfather just died on the 9th. i have been kept in the dark for weeks, my mother is very greedy and previously (age 16) conned me into signing off $85k in college money she squandered to boot, now I'm almost 25 and she claims there's nothing...

    Lamont’s Answer

    You need to obtain an attorney sooner rather than later if you plan on pursuing this any further. That attorney will be able to provide you with practical and legal advice. As a grandchild, you are not necessarily entitled to anything from your grandfather’s estate. The facts you describe illustrate a proverbial can of worms of issues. Your attorney will need to address each one before moving onto the next one or risk making one of several incorrect assumptions. You may live in Washington now, but it is unclear as to where your grandfather was living at the time of his death. That will be the starting point for everything and probably where you will need to hire your attorney (someone licensed to practice there). It is even possible that there is no Will. Your grandfather could have had a Living Trust or some other form of estate planning. Good luck.

    See question