Skip to main content
Lawrence Ethan Nelson

Lawrence Nelson’s Answers

1 total

  • In WA state. There are no roads or paths to my property. How do I establish an easment to this land?

    There is a housing develepment that has several dead end roads that end about 2000 ft from my property. There are houses at the end of each of the culdesac's so continuing the roads isn't an option.

    Lawrence’s Answer

    From the information you've provided, your property appears "landlocked." As such, you are almost certainly entitled to an "easement by necessity" to access your property. Most likely, the easiest and most efficient way to draft and file your easement is to consult an experienced real estate attorney to assist you to research, draft, and file the required documents.

    Good luck. Larry Nelson.

    See question