Skip to main content
Renee M DeFreece

Renee DeFreece’s Answers

3 total

  • Need to file emergency order in Washington for son in California....Need HELP ASAP

    I am a single father needing to file an emergency order for safety issues regarding my son. I would like to speak to an attorney who would guide or assist me in doing this ASAP... Son was taken to California but jurisdiction should still be Washin...

    Renee’s Answer

    I would first ask do you have a parenting plan in place? If so, is she the primary parent under that plan? Did she relocate to CA or go on vacation with the child without permission? All of these questions matter when trying to come up with a game plan on how to get your son back.

    My firm is located in downtown Everett and we specialize in family law. Please take a look at our website

    Please let me know if I can help you.

    See question 
  • What do we need to do to get custody of step-daughter due to biological Mom's hoarding and CPS involvement ?

    My step-daughter has been temporarily placed in our care (without court involvement) by CPS/DSHS because of unsafe/unhealthy living conditions in her mother's home due to hoarding. We have basically been entrusted with the care of my step-daughter...

    Renee’s Answer

    I agree with the other posting; you will need to file a third party custody. However, keep in mind if a petition is filed in juvenile court for a Dependency action, the Superior Court will not have jurisdiction to hear your case. Third party custody cases require proof of custody of the child, and either the parents are unfit or the environment would be detrimental to the child if returned to the parents care. This statute can be confusing if you are not familiar with it. Let me know if can be of assistance. Good Luck!

    See question 
  • If I have in my parenting plan that my parents get 10 consecutative days a year with my kids, can my daughter go if her dad "No"

    In my parenting plan under the summer schedule it states both sets of grandparents get 10 consecutative days with the kids as long as it doesn't conflict with any summer scheduling. My children have gone to Az for two weeks every year for the past...

    Renee’s Answer

    One other thing to consider is does your parenting plan have a priority section? Meaning, does the summer schedule have priority over the school schedule? It can be another basis for you to get court approval to allow the vacation because the vacation was previously contemplated by the parties and the plan allows the summer schedule to have priority over the father's residential time during the school schedule. Obviously, it all comes down to what the parenting plan states. Let me know if I can be of any further assistance. Good Luck!

    See question