Skip to main content
Michael W. Louden

Michael Louden’s Answers

1 total

  • If my ex wife moves in with her boyfriend, into his house, does it affect the child support ?

    My child support is $1333.00 per month for three kids. My son lives with me now, and my youngest daughter (15), is staying with me, and wants to move in permanently. My ex rented out her house, and moved into her boyfriends house. Does that h...

    Michael’s Answer

    Generally, your ex-wife's living situation does not affect the amount of child support you pay. She may move in with her boyfriend, get married, or get divorced, and none of these things by themselves would justify changing your support obligatoin to her. However, if the children are now residing with you, where the Order of Child Support anticipates they would be residing with her, then you might be entitled to a modification of both the parenting plan and child support order.

    See question